Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
You running a stock hood? Have you done a clay mockup to see how much room you have?

Have you called Steeda to see if they have one that fits already that you can just buy? Their billet setup has different cross bars for different blowers.

I too need one for my Roush TVS blower, but I don't think I have room - I clayed it and it is really tight. I may need an aftermarket hood to make it happen.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The KB is a tricky blower to run a STB with...expecially considering the way the cai runs off the back of the blower

what kind of custom job were you thinking?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hood is stock, and I would like to avoid having to change it.

I've tried Steeda, none of them fit. If I remember correctly the Steeda one cleared the blower fine and still fit under the stock hood, but it didn't clear the intake.

Basically I just need it bent in such a way that it will clear everything and still fit under the hood.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I bet you won't notice a difference with or without it. 2007+ has stiffer strut towers and to begin with the S197 is the stiffest Mustang. I had one on my 2008 when it was N/A and I took it off and I couldn't tell a difference when I put it on or took it off. It's more trouble than it's worth in your case.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I road race with it.

I'll try it for a while without the stb. Hopefully you're right, nasty, and it won't make a difference.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
its sick though

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Don't think we're putting one back on. They look good though... but if not necessary, we're leaving it off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts