Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have chopped the top, just curious on the bottom part where that ball is. How far up can I cut to get that actual "true" short shift? I was thinkg about taking it up about .5 - 1.2 inchs

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
that seems like it would weaken it

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's been done several times before, I've lengthened my top part of it and it actually feels better. Now the bottom part is what determed the actual short throw and I remember them saying something about bring it up or so after pre-heating the metal but ****, i'm stumped on that.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** THAT!!!! 99.99 plus 30 bucks shipping... Piss on that dude!! I will be going to the weld shop tomorrow and I will tell you exactly how much it will cost for thiem to build be a gauge plate for the stock area. Also it will only cost me $!75.00 for ALL gauges but the tach/speedo.... That's like another 119 so like 250.00 shipped for all gauges and I will tell you the cost of the custom gauge plate tomorrow.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... OH it comes with gauges that go completly dark when you turn your car off... Oh wow LOL Save yourself the bread and let me tell you my cost tomorrow.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ **** wrong posting LOL ignore those above guys

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
WOW.....i was really lost there for a minute

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Short throw shifters are longer on the botom under the fulcrum. That is what makes it a real short throw. the top moves a little less, while the bottom moves alot more.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See I thought it was taking it up or making a little bit longer I could remeber any longer. Ok great that's good info and "Fulcrum" is that name I was looking for too. The name reminds me of a old old cartoon from waaay back in the early 80's... "Voltron". I will be heading to the weld shop in a few minutes for that and to see the price of the custom gauge panel for my speedo and the rest of the gauges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts