Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have seen someone that has built a custom trunk enclosure for our mustangs. its sooooo hard to fit any type of sub in the trunk. i've currently got one 15" alpine type R in a custom enclosure, but fixing to rebuild the trunk of my car. i've built a couple of rear seat deletes, but ended up replacing them all with my stock back seat (had a kid, gotta have safety restraints for him) but i'd like to clean the car up to make it more of a custom show car (and still a quarter mile queen).

Didnt know if any of you have built custom panels in the trunk or have links/pictures of any that have been done?

·
Registered
978 Posts
i had my sub box custom built in VA Beach to fit 2 10" JL's so i could still have room in the back. cost me a few bucks but it was really worth it. sorry i cant post pix!! damn boat!!

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this would be more for like a custom trunk, not just for a sub box, i've built plenty of those, just trying to get some ideas how to incorperate everything into a nice clean looking trunk.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
this would be more for like a custom trunk, not just for a sub box, i've built plenty of those, just trying to get some ideas how to incorperate everything into a nice clean looking trunk.
The way to do it is to use your spare tire hole.. Did this in a Eclipse Spyder when I was younger.. you've got to be really careful on the box build, making sure all the seams are tight and use high quailty stuff...

that's really all I can say if you want to keep room.. other than the standard box in the back..

You could probably bulid a great box to fit on the floor inthe back.. your back seats would be usuelss but would look good... put 1x 12" DVC in a ported box that covers the floor, you could get it to hit harder for less money that what you would need to put in the trunk, and save the money on Dynamat you need for the trunk as well..

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you dont necessarily have to use the spare tire hole. you can do it anyway. I used to make them all the time in different designs. Not hard if you know how to use tools, measure, and do a little math.

here is a picture of Crickets Termi

not my work but ive done many similar ones. and no, the amps arent on the subs or anywhere close enough to the subs to affect them at even full excursion

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im extremely familiar with building these kinds of things. have yet to introduce myself to fiberglass (most likely will be one this job). i didnt know that crickets termie was set up like that?! thats kind of what im looking at going for actually,

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah, its not hard at all. Just takes patience. the hardest thing I would say is building the box to specs for your subs whether you want them to be ported or sealed. his door panels and rear pieces are fiberglass overlays. They are not actually replaced

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
i thought he was selling all that stuff

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah, he is trying to but he is trying to find all the interior liners for his trunk.

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the fiberglass overlay would make it alot easier to form haha, plus with that method i can keep the back seat and just customize the side panels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts