Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mods are listed in my sig. Do I need a custom tune and if so where to order it from bama? Also anything else I can do bolt on wise before cams heads n intake that will help me out at all? I know gears! Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive got the livewire tuner from sct w free tunes for life and i couldnt be happier. Every time I put new mods on my stang i update my tunes and bama sends me a new one in afew days.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to list I have the act sf3 running a canned tune right now. That's a pretty important detail for what I asked. My car os a 5spd and I have a mgw. I don't have the free tunes from jams but have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
With the longtubes I would get a dyno tune. Just my opinion. Some people says its not worth it, but I think it is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea bama is the best customer friendly company by far. Is that the tunes your sf3 uses?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just the canned tune that came on it. I think it came from am but im not sure. My headers aren't lts they're tuned length.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Talk to bama bc ur tuner will hold all the tunes and its easy as hell to reflash when ur headed to the track or wanna run the street tune for better mpg. Dyno's are great and alittle more accurate but theyre usually $100 an hr and theyre tunes cost around$2-300 and in most cases u cant switch ur tunes ur basically stuck w what they have.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just call them and tell them my mods and serif they think I need a custom tune? How much does that cost anyone know?

·
Registered
77 Posts
$150 for three custom tunes

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Any ideas on what next?

·
Registered
77 Posts
3.73's I just put in 3.90s and it took forever to figure out the best pattern w the shims. and they still wine! lol but its actually alittle too much gear for street driving so go with the 3.73's but wait on the tune if u can untill u get the gears in (that is if u put them in) b4 u order the tunes bc they can re-calibrate ur speedometer when u give them ur specs

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't I recalibrate it myself at anytime with my tuner no matter what tune im running?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh good deal then haha do u have any vids of ur exhaust on youtube? It sounds like its pretty sick

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I guess I need to do that. I am kicking around the idea of losing the flows and going with the borla stingers. I just lowered it and the flows hang too low plus I have borlas on 2 of my other vehicles and like em except on my lt1 they kinda start sounding like glass packs at high rpms

·
Registered
77 Posts
Too me they sound like glasspacks even on a mustang. I wouldnt lose the flows cuz that dual chamber sound is the only sound meant for a mustang..that is...In my opinion

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the two chamber on a mustang. I've got to do something tho or im going to drag my mufflers off on the back roads driving too fast. It looks and handles great since I lowered it but rides like crap n my team z lowers are noisy. Maybe new shocks n struts n when I get my sub frame connectors welded in it'll be.better

1 - 16 of 16 Posts