Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BoostedGT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so had a question on your reccomendation I need a tune built for my car I was going to Joe at tricktuners but had so many issues with my car not his fault at all that I think he may be tired of trying to help me which in no way am I putting blame on him he has done great with what he has had to work with! My question is do you guys reccomend anyone else for a good remote tune I live pretty far away from a good dyno tune that remote is my best option right now have looked into 5-star and unleashed and read nothing but good about them any input would be great thanks!

not sure if my sig is filled out so a little info is the car has a Paxton novi 2000 supercharger 60# inj intercooled blow through maf but other than that nothing to major.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Sounds like a pretty basic setup. How far is the closest dyno and is the tuner good? I haven't used a remote tune so can't recommend from personal experience.

·
BoostedGT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sir not to crazy yet he seems good unleashed contacted me and responded very quickly to me my emails only thing I somewhat don't like is email contact only I really enjoy communication over the phone so things don't get misinterpreted. Closest good dyno is about 4 hours or more away and can't really justify spending the money on a dyno tune when the car is not at the point I want it to be I want to get the heads cam and more than likely swap to twin turbos before I get a good dyno tune.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
yes sir not to crazy yet he seems good unleashed contacted me and responded very quickly to me my emails only thing I somewhat don't like is email contact only I really enjoy communication over the phone so things don't get misinterpreted. Closest good dyno is about 4 hours or more away and can't really justify spending the money on a dyno tune when the car is not at the point I want it to be I want to get the heads cam and more than likely swap to twin turbos before I get a good dyno tune.
How much is an email tune? Motiva and Dyno Edge are in Albuquerque. I don't think it's that much less than a dyno tune. It also comes down to do you want to do all the logging and waiting for files to be sent back and forth or would you rather be at a dyno for 3 hours and have the car at its full potential and know what power it puts down, but I guess 4 hours is a bit far so you'd be using up an entire day.

·
BoostedGT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately right now through dyno edge I'm looking at around 500 just for the tune and my Xcalibrator 2 wasn't updated able so they said they couldn't use it so another 400 if I go new. Have heard nothing but good things about Unleashed and he emailed me back 20 plus times today within minutes of me sending it longest was around 10-15 I think if that just for a remote tune from him it was 250 but I went with the x4 with tunes to knock that out of the way for when I do get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Unfortunately right now through dyno edge I'm looking at around 500 just for the tune and my Xcalibrator 2 wasn't updated able so they said they couldn't use it so another 400 if I go new. Have heard nothing but good things about Unleashed and he emailed me back 20 plus times today within minutes of me sending it longest was around 10-15 I think if that just for a remote tune from him it was 250 but I went with the x4 with tunes to knock that out of the way for when I do get a dyno tune.
$450-$550 is standard for a dyno tune. I was thinking an emailed tune would be like $350. If you have a good feel about Unleashed then go for it. This is the first time I've heard of them.

·
BoostedGT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same I just got lucky and found him through googling some stuff seems like he has a good rep for ecoboost engines pulled the trigger last night so I will keep you updated! The issues with the car right now is just so many things failed or were having issues so had to repalce them or fix the issues I was having blow of valve was back feed injectors were bad some other issues as well and now the tune is just to rich and needs to be adjusted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts