Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, The next upgrade on my list is exhaust and I have been looking very closely at Pypes the Beast exhaust system. I like the sound of the system but the price is higher than I would pay to do full custom exhaust with the violator mufflers.

My question is, would a custom exhaust system including custom x-pipe be just as good or better than a prefabricated exhaust?

·
Registered
194 Posts
The pros for this one might be the cost of a custom exhaust... but most exhaust shops can only crush bend your pipe. it's hard to find a shop that has good welders so it doesn't look like a 2 year old put chewing gum all over it. and the fact that the pre fabbed exhaust is most of the time dyno tested to increase horsepower...(Besides... if you don't like the sound and wanna change you can sell the pre formed exhaust and change out the individual components... (X / H / prochamber / lonf tubes / etc... ) not to mention the feeling of doing it yourself.... (The install that is...) Just my .02

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
check out the forums. im pretty sure you can find some parts in the exhaust section. theyre used but theres nothing wrong with them. you can save yourself some money and still have prefab parts.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
The pros for this one might be the cost of a custom exhaust... but most exhaust shops can only crush bend your pipe. it's hard to find a shop that has good welders so it doesn't look like a 2 year old put chewing gum all over it. and the fact that the pre fabbed exhaust is most of the time dyno tested to increase horsepower...(Besides... if you don't like the sound and wanna change you can sell the pre formed exhaust and change out the individual components... (X / H / prochamber / lonf tubes / etc... ) not to mention the feeling of doing it yourself.... (The install that is...) Just my .02

Good points

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An82Mustang had some good points, so with that I think I'm going to go the prefab route, Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts