Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so plain and simple. im putting an exhaust system on my car. its a mac gt cat back system. but i was thinking about also getting a set of manual cutouts just for kicks. whats it sound like and where can i get a set that wont freeze up and stop moving? i was thinking maybe something stainless steel?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I had them on my 04 but they were more of a pain than anything. In order to keep them from leaking I'd have to torque the bolts down tight which made it a bitch to open them up. I got them from Summit. I only ever opened them up at the track though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had them on my 04 but they were more of a pain than anything. In order to keep them from leaking I'd have to torque the bolts down tight which made it a bitch to open them up. I got them from Summit. I only ever opened them up at the track though.
How bad did they leak? I was thinking about ordering those in about a week

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If I only hand tightened the butterfly nuts (really hand tight) they wouldn't leak at first but after a few miles I could hear them leaking. It was enough to become a pain. Not only that but I lost several of the nuts and bolts. I finally got a set of hex head nuts and bolts and used a wrench to tighten them.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
No point in having cutouts...

Had them when I had a huge cam, sounded crazy down low.... Only really opened them up going into a car meet or leaving one or when i was at creeping speed.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i have one lying around, its a manual 3'' you can have it cheap

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
24 shipped to your door

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
i just ordered a set from summit for mine. hopefully they sound better than some people say. anybody have vids of theirs?
They only sound good at idle :p, unless your turbo then its a whole different story :D

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
well i got a lot of motor work and FI so hopefully that helps compared to others stockish motors with them. i seen yours with open headers.
Look at my Open cutouts video, trust me its not worth it past idle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts