Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am highly considering cutouts. If i get them i'll get the manual ones, just cus i'm not paying $150 for electronic ones where i can just take 5 min and jack my car up and get under there.

Well my question/s is/are... Will it take hp and tq away? I know it'll take away low end tq when they're open, but when closed will it do something funky with the backpressure because there will be exhaust in the closed section of the cutout?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'd say spend the 150 to get the electric ones, because if you see a cop or something a head in a city area, you can close em and make it quiet.

+1

only reason i said the manual ones ( i wasnt thinking) is because i live in a city where thye just dont give a ****. theres so many cars and trucks here that push that lvl of dBs its impossible to arrest them all.

your going ot want the electric ones dude trust me. in a big city like yours, your gonna need em

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the only time i'll be runnin them open is when i'm at the strip or streetracing with the crew, but thats not too often...

While i had my X open, i ran into many cops and as i passed, i just put the clutch in, or eased on the throttle. If i'm at a stop light i'll just bog it like a bitch and shift at 1500 lol.

Theres so many piece of **** cars around here runnin around w/o mufflers that cops dont pay attention to that ****. Cops around here are more busy worring about who just got shot in the freakin head over on 16th street.

·
Registered
303 Posts
man i would go with E-cutouts thats just my 2 cents. ive seen them before and seem so nice to just flip a switch and there ya go. im thinkin about E-cutouts.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i would wait until u get cams

·
Registered
468 Posts
alright then...go for the cutouts...my blower totally changed the sound of my car...that extra air will give it a nice full tone

·
Registered
468 Posts
for that price u could get a vortech or procharger!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
LOUD LOUD!!! very deep and just plain ole nasty

·
Registered
468 Posts
yea everyone has their own flavor...cant be one to judge...but good luck with ur setup boost is fun!

·
Registered
468 Posts
haha it took me 2 years to save for mine and i emptied my bank account as soon as i had the money but it was well worth it....i would have had it sooner if it wasnt for girlfriends that dont understand our addictions, but i just got rid of her so that means more money for mods

·
Registered
468 Posts
but back to your question...my buddies fox lost about 30 total wheel horse on the dyno with no catback and i forget what the torque was

1 - 20 of 32 Posts