Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
oh man im glad you asked. My buddy just cut off his cats and replaced em with piping and to me, it doesnt sound good at all. he had a BBK xpipe with cats and slp's dumped and he wanted more sound so he cut em off, NO GOOD!!!. it may sound like a cheap way to get some sound or maybe hp but its not worth it. just save up for an O/R xpipe or whatever but i wouldnt go the chop route.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Oh and BTW I have a upr o/r xpipe with slp's dumped also, same concept as my buddys car, and it sounds way different. all his does is just make way loud noise but its nasty.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if you have the stock H pipe go with some cheap cutouts or something but dont chop it up. The cutouts are prolly just as cheap and will sound way better. I have lots of friends that go that route until they save up for a good catted x pipe and i think it sounds good.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u really think so?
its the stock h pipe Nd i've got some Magnapacks, but i want more!! lol Nd i was thinking of just removing the cats and replacing it with piping, since its an H Pipe i don't think it's going 2 be so nasty or raspy sounding

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
thats true too. didnt even think about that. it might sound good but havent got to hear it yet (that i know of). i guess if its cheap and you dont mind cutting your pipe up, then its worth an experiment maybe.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, i can always put the cats back on, no biggie..but its a Stock H Pipe, so im guessing it won't be 2 raspy such as the X Pipe, since thats what the X Pipes are known for anyways, H Pipes are meant 2 be 2 raspy..but my shop is charging 60 bucks 2 do the job..i just gotta make sure they put the stock 2.5 inch piping in 2 replace Nd match the rest of the piping, i've got Magnapacks so im hoping to get a good muscle sound out of it

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
if you want more sound/power spend the $$ on a good O/R X. you can get them for about $150, or as low as $75 used. your stock H is only 2 1/4" pipeing, has 2 cats, and 2 resonators. its best to just replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have an O/R X pipe Im about to sell it was only on my car for about 1,000 miles because i went with LT headers and the short X pipe. If you are interested PM me. Oh I almost forgot its a BBK x pipe.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
you wont lose or gain anything...sound...MAYBE 5-6 hp up top thats about it....dude if your half assin' it just get the H-pipe from summit or jegs...150 shipped....dont waste $85 paying a shop to cut and weld thats pointless....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts