Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have FRPP C-springs, and they just aren't low enough. I know of a lot of people cutting the stock springs and being happy with them. Would it be a good idea to cut my c-springs, because I really don't feel like buying some new ones. If so how much should I cut to have a overall of about 1.5-1.75" drop.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Cuttin is better then heating them

Cut a half a coil and see how you like it ... you dont want to cut to much and be screwed...

·
Registered
428 Posts
The instructions that come with the C Springs actually says to cut a half coil if you want it lower. I would say go for it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
dont heat the springs! the only reason you get the bounce is if your shocks and struts dont work well with the springs,another words better shocks and struts.dont forget your alignment since the car if you cut the coils and you may need CC plate if you dont have em already

·
Registered
428 Posts
The C springs are designed to be cut 1/2 coil. Ford designed them that way..... I had my C springs on for a year and didn't like the ride height in the rear. So I just now cut a half coil off the rear.... Now it sits level. Ride hasn't been affected. I am happy. See sig pic for reference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts