Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was told that i can take a set of regular hardtop doors and cut the top sections off in the same spot my t-top doors are cut. then change the guts & glass with mine and i will now have t-top doors.

anyone else ever try this and if so any write ups or pics available

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
ok i was told that i can take a set of regular hardtop doors and cut the top sections off in the same spot my t-top doors are cut. then change the guts & glass with mine and i will now have t-top doors.

anyone else ever try this and if so any write ups or pics available
uh i would not even attempt to do something like that

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a set of doors from an 85 gt hatch car,did you have to replace everything in the door

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah my doors are completely rusted out on the bottom, they flap. but my brother in law had a good donor 85 for me to pillage parts off of

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
good thing 85-86 parts are hard to find i have alot if you need something what you need to do is get rid of the old style window scraper and mioris and use 87 up will fit right on and work better the 86 ones are like 120 for one side where you form?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i live in n.y., my bro in law has a building with tons of 87-93 parts and some stock of 85-86 stuff building up as well. and he owns a body shop, but never tried the door cutting yet which is why i was inquiring

·
Registered
17 Posts
easiest way to do it is to take your trim off your t-top door and use it as a template for where to cut the new doors

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hey merk you used 91 doors on your 83? Someone told me they where dif? if not iam in the corner kicking my self in the ass i gave a perfect set of 92 doors away and bought a dif one for mine

·
Registered
8 Posts
guy i got my car from did this and never sealed and looked like crap, i found a salvage place here with 2 conv. let me know i going to look at the cars next week, i already got doors so not need them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts