Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how would it sound i have a completly stock exhaust u cant even here it running. i wana cutt the cats off and run a straight pipe would it sound ok for now?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
removing cats is good, just dont remove your mufflers. how are u going to just cut them off? you mean hollowing them out? i dont reccomend that

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
y not just get an off road x or h pipe? they run used from 80-200 bucks, just n case u got emissions n ur state/ town

Reactions: MacDizzle

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
it will be louder, but your catback does the majority of the sound changing

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
what car do you have jacob??

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
either way if you take your cats of with stock exhaust i promise you wont really notice that big of a difference other then it will run a little better

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
yea catless x pipe with some flows sound sick IMO and straight pipes do sound like trash espiacially if your driving a 6ixer

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
no straight pipe bro do the exhaust right and it will be under $500 dollars for everything if you get the right prices

·
Registered
77 Posts
If your really tight on money just go to a muffler shop and ask them to cut out the 2 rear cats and weld in a straight pipe ($50) it'll still pass inspection and no check engine lights. Then get some kind of catback. Most all muffler shops sell flowmasters weld those in and u'll be going from a 1 in loudness to about a 5 1/2 haha... 10 being straight pipes aka annoying as ****

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
straight pipes are **** and trailer trash! IMO

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive got a friend who put em on his and he was like "Yea I'm decided to go for that straight pipe sound" (as if it was popular among mustang drivers) and i was like dude that **** sounds terrible haha

·
Registered
224 Posts
don't do it!! this question comes up a lot and the answer is always the same...
my opinion; long tube headers, a catt'd midpipe and loudmouth mufflers...

·
Registered
662 Posts
I plan on getting my catts removed and installing Flowmaster super 44's, will that rock or what?
My car already sounds nuts ass when you give it gas, I want it to sound more nuts ass when its at idle. People say they knew it was me from like 4-5 blocks away because of its distinct sound, I dont even know what im running because the previouse owner did it. I cant see a brand name on my mufflers.

Maybe my catts are already hollowed out and I just dont know? Not sure but it sounds like an angry lion when you hit the gas lol.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
don't do it!! this question comes up a lot and the answer is always the same...
my opinion; long tube headers, a catt'd midpipe and loudmouth mufflers...
did you steal Jazzers car? ;)

oh yea and looks like borlas. my friend has the same. wicked when you romp on it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts