Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched mm but haven't found anyone with the exact same problem as me. It's a problem with my 2002 gt.

After a cold start, usually it feels like it has no power in 1st, or 2nd, but after it warms up it drives like normal.

When in any gear if the rpm's are below 2000 and I press even a little on the gas (to accelerate, cruising speed throttle position is fine) the car begins to cut out, my shifter shakes, and it can be solved by shifting down.

Although it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, I just don't want it to happen. Any explanations or suggestions? I can post a video of what it does if that would help.

Car has yellow top injectors(idk if these are stock), o/r h-pipe with only 2 o2 sensors, hasn't been tuned for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really sorry for a self bump but I need some suggestions. I read somewhere that a tune would help because it was something with the egr maybe?

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
mine did the same thing. found water in spark plug holes, just air blew the water out and the car ran mine after. probably not your problem but just to get you thinking. change fuel filter, maybe a loose vaccum..

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
mine was doing that, but I know my gas tank fill tube is rusted out and leaks gas as i fill it up and I'm assuming also screws with my vacuum.

wont be able to say for sure until i get time to work on my car. But what you are saying sounds just like a vacuum leak.

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
to check for vacuum leaks, you can spray starter fluid around in your engine bay while it is running. if the car revs when you spray in an area, then you found your leak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine did the same thing. found water in spark plug holes, just air blew the water out and the car ran mine after. probably not your problem but just to get you thinking. change fuel filter, maybe a loose vaccum..
I will def check all the spark plug holes. Thanks man.

to check for vacuum leaks, you can spray starter fluid around in your engine bay while it is running. if the car revs when you spray in an area, then you found your leak.
I never thought about spraying the starter fluid, I have a can so I will try that today.

Could be the vacuum line going to the FRPS, or the FRPS is beginning to fail.
FRPS? I googled it but didn't find anything car related.

I have a gauge that reads throttle position too and it's never gone above 80%, anyone have an idea about that?

I heard rumor that members of MM can get a discount on American Muscle Bama tunes through a rep on here? Anyone know his name so that I could pm him? Also how much the discount is, and if it's only for certain members.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You need to be a settled member of this site to get the discount code :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
For the AM discount just send their rep on the vendor page a PM and they will send you the code, I believe it's 6% off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts