Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im going to be joining this onto my vortech and i wanna know is there cutting and welding needed ??. is it slip fit and how is the fitment quality any links to the one which will best fit my car is apprciated.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the search button is your best friend!
ive almost seen more of these threads than gear threads

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Its not a drop in kind of thing, some slight fabrication is needed. Cutting without a doubt, welding - it depends on how you want to mount it. I did quite a bit of both cutting and welding for mine.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
whoa!!!!
hold it....i cut not a damn thing....the only hole that needs to be opened up is where your power pipe goes, and you can do that with a pair of snips and bend it out of the way .

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I had a 31x12x3 and it would have fit with little modification.and i also have a buddie with a 10 sec cobra the has been running the same intercooler for 2 years putting down over 500RWHP.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Cutting the bumper support allows for better cooling, no relocating of the power steering cooling lines, puts more space between the intercooler and radiator, etc.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
just remove the crash bar.....you don't need it, and it will save some weight with the added ic.....i know people won't agree, but it's my car...

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
whoa!!!!
hold it....i cut not a damn thing....the only hole that needs to be opened up is where your power pipe goes, and you can do that with a pair of snips and bend it out of the way .
:pics

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i don't have any with the bumper off, but ajm has a similar set up, like i said you don't need the crash bar....
the only thing you will need to do is slighly bend some of the lines behind the rad and enlarge the small hole in the passenger fender.....you don't need a torch or cutting tool...
i can give you any pics you want, but i don't have any wioth no bumper, they went with my crashed computer..
you will need to remove your foglights./..
this is your main area you will need to cut/bend/btreak, whatever you decide..

[ame=http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/helifreek/?action=view&current=005.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
whoa!!!!
Okay maybe you can do it without cutting anything but for the shortest pipe length possible I don't see how you could do it without some cutting.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i used the cx/ebay kit for the mustang, and the pipe routing is short...i lost about 2psi with pressure drop, got a smaller pulley, now i am making about 12.5 at 6k...

you will need a retune and different pulley after you put a fmic on , my car changed drastically after i did it...also think about a blow-thru right off...a pull through with a fmic, drivabilty sucks ballz!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was going to do a CXracing air-air kit but got lazy with all the bumper work and cutting/modding. Found an air-water unit (I know Cxracing has a few) from another outfit that sells on ebay called frozenboost.com. The nice thing about air-water is that it dosen't require the mods to the clip/bumper. A small oil cooler style 12x7 radiator is all you need up front, the rest is all under the hood. I'll post picks when I have the project done.

Air-water also has a less of a pressure drop because the plumbing is shorter. It has alot of drawbacks though- you have to plumb a water circulation system with a pump, it's way heavier than a air-air kit especially with water in it, and it's not as efficient when it comes to removing heat. But at least there isn't a ton of cutting involved with the bumper area as with Cxracing air-air kits.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I have a procharger intercooler I have no plans on using, and I believe its supposed to bolt right in place and fit how it needs to. I cant promise anything though, I haven't tried.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
well , your not supposed to hit anything...:)
it's my preferance, i barely drive the car...like 1500 miles in 7 months..
and with the added weight of the supercharger and fmic, any weight savings up front was good enough for me...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts