Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the Tokico D spec shocks and struts? Are they worth the money or is there another brand that is just as good and cheaper? I am going to be installing the BMR Lowering package and figured I may want to change the shocks and struts while i'm at it....my car is an 08 gt with 2000 mi. on it. I hate to change the shocks but some of you guys say I will have to eventually after lowering it that far.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
They are supposedly awesome, everyone I know that has them loves them. I'll probably pick some up when its time for me to replace mine.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I just bought the Tokico HP's. I think that you really dont need that kind of adjustability anyway, so I couldnt justify the cost. Plus I got mine for only $285 shipped to my door!!! Check them out on Ebay. I am also doing the BMR lowering kit, I should be getting it soon, I guess the BMR springs are on back order.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought the Tokico HP's. I think that you really dont need that kind of adjustability anyway, so I couldnt justify the cost. Plus I got mine for only $285 shipped to my door!!! Check them out on Ebay. I am also doing the BMR lowering kit, I should be getting it soon, I guess the BMR springs are on back order.
Is there a difference in quality between the d specs and the hp's?

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Is there a difference in quality between the d specs and the hp's?
I dont think there is a difference in quality I just think the dspecs offer more, but you will have to pay for that. For me as a daily driver I dont think I will need to be adjusting it.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
yea im preplanning my suspension and when it comes to shocks and struts I will be getting either the Tokico HP blues or the Steeda Pro Action shocks (made by tokico). tokico D-specs are really meant for those who enjoy adjusting their every driving conditions (street, road course, 1/4 mile track) if your a daily driver, all you really need is the non adjustable shocks and you have a bigger improvement over stock.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the tokico hp's as well with eibach springs. Great set-up for spirited daily driving. Handles well and the ride is not harsh. I didn't feel the need to spend the extra money just for the adjustability.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's all very well if you like the HP setting but the joy of the D-Specs is not necessarily the need to adjust it all the time, just get the damping exactly how you want it.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i love my dspecs and i did adjust them often. i say did because the car is now sitting in the garage waiting for me to return. they are well worth the money if you will be doing anything other than driving it around town. especially if you want to use if for different types of tracks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I love my dpsecs, but then I do go to the 1/4 mile track every weekend.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Just got my dspecs and eibach springs on this weekend, Boy does this make a difference. Feels like Im driving on rails when using the offencive driving menuvers that they taught you not to do in drivers ed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts