Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a set of DOOE heads in my dads garage, I know they came off a 351W. But that is about it. How do they compare to the GT-40 heads. also, I have been having a pissing contest with a guy about headers. I have long tube headers on my stock 302 heads, if i use the D00E heads they will work right? The Gt-40 heads require a different header correct? Hope i didn't confuse anyone.

·
Registered
559 Posts
those 1970 heads are ho hum at best nowadays, in stock form a gt40 is much better. I wuldnt spend a dime on that D0 head, not when you can buy reman gt40's for less than working on those antiques. The stock 302 head, D0 head and the gt40 will all use the same header. Its the gt40p that needs a certain shorty header, any long tube can be used with a gt40p head

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Found a set of DOOE heads in my dads garage, I know they came off a 351W. But that is about it. How do they compare to the GT-40 heads. also, I have been having a pissing contest with a guy about headers. I have long tube headers on my stock 302 heads, if i use the D00E heads they will work right? The Gt-40 heads require a different header correct? Hope i didn't confuse anyone.
Where's MaComb?

Answer: In my back pocket.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Home of Western Illinois University. I have been to bloomington a few times. Do they have a speed shop over there? I need to get some heads and some head as far as that goes.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
those 1970 heads are ho hum at best nowadays, in stock form a gt40 is much better. I wuldnt spend a dime on that D0 head, not when you can buy reman gt40's for less than working on those antiques. The stock 302 head, D0 head and the gt40 will all use the same header. Its the gt40p that needs a certain shorty header, any long tube can be used with a gt40p head

^ What Woody said. ^

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Home of Western Illinois University. I have been to bloomington a few times. Do they have a speed shop over there? I need to get some heads and some head as far as that goes.
There is a Winner's Circle in Peoria that is very well stocked with parts, they do slicks mounting and nitrous filling there as well. That's where I get most of my emergency parts. Otherwise I usually shop summit or ebay or corral.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts