Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a D1SC procharger kit with intercooler. I have two questions, I have 4.10's that I have not installed yet, is that too much? or can I get by without tearing up my rear axles. I can find someone to trade me for 3.73's im sure, but might be kind of a pain in the ass.

second question. I am about to order the intake system for my car, I am looking at the accufab throttlebody/plenum, and a JLT cold air intake. Is the JLT going to work with my supercharger kit? it comes with all the piping, but is that going to bypass my intake? I dont want to buy it if I dont need it.

Thanks!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Congrats on the kit. Im mad I didnt get the D1. Yes you can run 4:10s just fine, throttle body and plenum will go great with the s/c. But the cold air kit will not work with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool... is there anything that will work with a supercharger kit to make it cold air? or do you have to make a custom kind of setup

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
they make power pipes for them. i got mine from anderson motorsports. good choice going with the d series

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm sure others will disagree, but with 4.10s and a blower, you will render 1st gear all but useless IMO. I went with 3.55s, but I'm a road racer. So the drag racers, will I'm sure, recommend at least the 3.73s

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm sure others will disagree, but with 4.10s and a blower, you will render 1st gear all but useless IMO. I went with 3.55s, but I'm a road racer. So the drag racers, will I'm sure, recommend at least the 3.73s

i agree with you bro, you don't need anything bigger then 373's

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so.... anyone know someone who wants to trade some new FRPP 3.73's for my FRPP 4.10's?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
gearing will all be personal prefernce, driving style, car set up, etc. a lot of guys are getting away with the 4.10 on a centri's. a stock cai wont work with it, but like stated abouve, afm makes a power pipe for them and works great. as for the axles, stockers should hold up to most driveng, but if launching hard i recommend at least doing an upgraded axle swap. you could even change the spiders and go 31 spline fairly easy too.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I run 3:73's in mine also. Like they said above invest in the Anderson Powerpie, probably be best to get this before you get tuned.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I bought a P1SC kit from Procharger. It came complete with intercooler, cold air kit, air filter, fuel injectors, fuel pump, piping, clamps, chip, etc. Are you sure those items are not already included in your kit?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I bought a P1SC kit from Procharger. It came complete with intercooler, cold air kit, air filter, fuel injectors, fuel pump, piping, clamps, chip, etc. Are you sure those items are not already included in your kit?
What items?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
What items?
Hi Matt,

I wasn't sure I understood the original post. He ordered the D1SC Kit but then was wanting to get a cold air intake. That stuff comes with a Procharger kit. It has everything you need except maybe a fan belt and sparkplugs. It even come with an intercooler and a chip which works if you are pretty much stock. My P1SC came with all the tubing, clamps, 42# injectors, a 255 lph fuel pump, etc.

I had installation problems that other might not have. The previous owner put on underdrive pulleys. Not good with a supercharger. So I had to buy a new crank pully but there isn't any way I was going to spend that much money for a stock waterpump pulley so I put on an electric water pump. I'm not sure what crank pulley the tuner managed to find but on a basic 8# s/c pulley I'm running 8.9# boost at 6k rpm.

I also had problems with the amount of horsepower I was running through my MAF. I have a 75 mm TB/Plenum. While it doesn't do much n/a, it changed everything s/c. I had to buy a new SCT chip and get a custom tune. Even then they had to run the car rich mid-range to keep it from leaning out at top rpm. They did that because with all of the problems, I was pretty much out of money.

I have schedule a new dyno tune for March 5th. The are going to put on long tube headers, etc.

Sorry for the long response, but I wasn't sure of the question. The Procharger kit basically comes with everything you need except sparkplugs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts