Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to order the procharger with the d1sc, and possibly the intercooler upgrade, within the next month. I emailed justin at VMP, and he said he doesn't offer the intercooler upgrade or head unit upgrade, so where can I get this kit?

So now I guess I will need to find an xcal2, wideband, injectors, pump, maf extender or new maf, someway to delete the pcv, and the spark plugs which i can get locally.

Would ford sell the injectors, injector connectors, and fuel pump that I need? I work there so I can get discounts. And can someone post links to the other stuff I need? (the sites need to accept international credit cards)

Thanks for the help.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you don't need the D1... you won't ever be pushing more then 11 psi out of the charger so the smaller one will do just fine

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you don't need the D1... you won't ever be pushing more then 11 psi out of the charger so the smaller one will do just fine
There is only one other F/I v6 mustang in my city that I know of, and he has the P1sc, so I would rather get the D1. Plus, its 300 dollars now so that if I do happen to get my hands on enough money for a motor, then I dont need to spend 1300 upgrading the s/c later.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

the d1 can push 32 psi.
ProCharger Supercharger Models

i have a d1 and i will be pushing 15-17psi in a few months. The d1sc has better fin's and bearings so it uses less engine power to make more power.

I orderd my **** from rpmoutlet.com it takes a long ass while to get it but you can completly customize the order.

the d1 should be like 200 bucks to upgrade. for 200 more CFM and a better s/c. its the same size and stuff but the insides are better.

I would highly recommend buying all the upgrades if you plan on ever building a motor. I wasn't thinking i was going to but i am so now i gota get new injectors and i already paid for the 39# but now im going 62, and theres some other **** but i forget. Definatly get a SCT tuner. and you WILL HAVE TO get it dyno tuned. and just a tip dont install the bigger fuel injectors unless you have a baseline tune, i hear VMP can do a good baseline tune for the v6's. And then get it dyno tunnnneeeeddd!!!

or just drive to the nearest dyno and then put on the injectors, what i had to do.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Yeah lets refrain from giving advice over things we don't know ANYTHING about....

If you can wing it and make it seem like you do thats fine, but ....

And just to explain: The D1 is more efficient, will do better if he ever wants bigger numbers, and is only a 200$ upgrade. Vortech still > procharger though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disagree with vortech > procharger. Procharger comes with the IC. I gave procharger a call, and they quoted me $4148 for the 11psi tuner kit with the D1-sc, no upgraded IC. So I would still need to get all the other junk that I need from somewhere else. Does that seem like a reasonable price? And I forgot to ask how much to upgrade the IC (or would I even need it?) He also said that I could get it cheaper through one of their distributors, any ideas on how much that would save? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I disagree with vortech > procharger. Procharger comes with the IC. I gave procharger a call, and they quoted me $4148 for the 11psi tuner kit with the D1-sc, no upgraded IC. So I would still need to get all the other junk that I need from somewhere else. Does that seem like a reasonable price? And I forgot to ask how much to upgrade the IC (or would I even need it?) He also said that I could get it cheaper through one of their distributors, any ideas on how much that would save? Sorry for all the questions.
Disagree all you want....
It won't change the fact.:cool:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Vortech makes 278RWHP on a stock V6 at 8.5 - 9PSI with no IC....and Procharger makes 345 CRANK HP at 11PSI WITH an IC.....hmmm.

This one could be tough

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
I think his blown sixxer would eat your GT and **** out the extra 2 cylinders
OK, I think we can all agree that Chris' car is faster than Skippy's??

Let's get Chris to meet me halfway and we will see who has the car to beat. I realize that you do not know who the **** you're talking to, but I will wax any street driven V6 on this forum. (period)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
OK, I think we can all agree that Chris' car is faster than Skippy's??

Let's get Chris to meet me halfway and we will see who has the car to beat. I realize that you do not know who the **** you're talking to, but I will wax any street driven V6 on this forum. (period)

I think you would have some trouble with dapack69:D Might need more spray for him....

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Well you might need every bit of your baby bottle to play with dapack's 6er...:D
Does this Dapack live in FL? You sixxers talk alot of ****, but when it comes down to it, you can't back the **** up. I doubt I will need half of my shot to waste his low TQ V6.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
I see that he does live in FL. You better make sure he's cool with you talkin' **** and expecting him to back it up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts