Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I found a good deal on a d1sc procharger I'm wondering if it will work with a stock bottom end or is it to much? Sorry I don't really have time to search the threads I'm at work right now but your help is much appreciated and how much should I be looking to spend for a kit like that

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The D1sc is great for a stock bottom end. You'll have it pullied down so it's not making as much boost as it could but that just leaves potential to up the boost later if you end up building your block.

For the whole kit used.. ~2500$ without tuner, injectors and fuel pump.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The D1 will be fine for your stock motor. You can run a 4" pulley and make Im assuming around 7psi? I could be way off, but that will make more power then a P1SC @ 10psi.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
7psi is actually right around the perfect number. I would stop at 12psi for the maximum.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks guys im getting it for a good price i think i need all the fuel system components and a inlet pipe? if anyone could give some more info on them id aprreciate it thank you

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
deff go with the d1, a under spun blower will generate alot less heat than a small blower spun harder. it will produce more cfm per pound so it will make more hp per pound of boost. install is easy just take your time and make sure you talk to other people in your area for a good tuner

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
alright thanks guys im getting it for a good price i think i need all the fuel system components and a inlet pipe? if anyone could give some more info on them id aprreciate it thank you
You can make a custom inlet pipe for about $40. Silicone intakes and buy a 4" 90 degree silicone coupler. Buy some 3.75" pvc pipe and throw a filter on it. PVC may be 3.75" but the OD will be 4" thats why I redcomend the 4" coupler.

You can put some bungs in there that you can get from lowes too, for your pcv hose, and your bypass if you run it closed. It will flow as good as a AFM powerpipe.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm running a 4" pulley making 11.5#'s with my d1. I was told a d1 will make 4 more #'s with the same size pulley as a p1
That is exactly what the ProCharger techs told me. My P1-SC can be upgraded to a D1-SC. I currently have 8.9 psi with a 3.7" pulley. The same pulley after the upgrade will make nearly 13-14 psi. But, the upgrade costs $1400.

·
Registered
968 Posts
That is exactly what the ProCharger techs told me. My P1-SC can be upgraded to a D1-SC. I currently have 8.9 psi with a 3.7" pulley. The same pulley after the upgrade will make nearly 13-14 psi. But, the upgrade costs $1400.

1400 isn't to bad considering you would pretty much have a new D1 when they were done. At least I would assume that would include all new seals and bearings right?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
after owner a P1sc...I wouldn't ever own one again. D1sc is the smallest I'd go.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yes. It would be a brand new D1. I don't think the P1-SC is a bad supercharger. You really don't need more unless you put in forged internals, cams, cam springs, 60# injectors, Cobra fuel tank, and a few other goodies.:)

I wish my pocket book was as big as my dreams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts