Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
Several guys on here drive their blown stangs daily. Eagle2000gt has like 100k+ miles on his sc. As long as you are mechanically sound to begin with and your tune is good, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've only been through about 4 fill ups since the install, But do I'm averaging about 22 so far.. with highway miles..and quite a bit if spirited driving

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I got great gas mileage when I ran a vortech setup. Always got 22-25mpg on the highway and averaged 20 in town and highway... that ended when I put the KB on. After that the best I could get on the highway was 20 if I babied it... Lost alot going from vortech to KB in the economy department... gained alot of fun though. Car put down the same hp but the tq was alot higher and alot more fun to drive.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Having a Vortech, you really don't get into boost until about 3k. Therefore, it'll feel like a stock car and not really use a lot of gas for daily use. It'll be plenty fine.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There are plenty of boosted cars driven daily as well as supercharged cars from the factory.

Im fully built 60lbrs, 4.10s, and supercharged and i could swear i get better mpg than my v6 honda sometimes lmao its all in the tune

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Not gonna lie, my gas mileage is eh. Not great. But I beat the piss out of mine. Itll build boost at 1500rpm, depends how much gas you give it. Once you go about 3/4 throttle it starts to build boost, so if your not like me, and keep your foot out of it, you'll be fine.

I've had my blower on sense 80k miles, I'm now at 114k, only issue I had was belt tossing because the tensioner was bad. Other then that, no issues. Mines a daily as well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Daily driver here too...over a year with the vortech on it...my gas mileage is a little lower because I have a short commute to work (doesnt even hit full operating temp) and its stop and go...plus I have stage 2 cams...average about 16-17 without ragging it

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Mine WAS my daily until I got my svo. It was -knock on wood- reliable and got OK gas mileage. As long as your tune is conservative and you tell your tuner that it's a daily and you keep out of boost your daily ride won't be impacted unless you get on it.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I don't daily drive mine anymore but when I did I had no drive ability issues at all. In the city it stayed around 15-17 mpg and on the highway when I would travel from Tx to Ga 1014 miles one way it would get 23-25 mpg highway both ways depending on how im driving. I cruise from 70mph-80+mph on the highway but I rarely get into boost. I rarely use my ac so that could be a factor also and my rear end gears are 3.73s. It has been on the car since 2010.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I put 80k miles on my stang in 3 years commuting 200 miles a day alot of the time with a vortech on it and then with a kb on it. When i finally had my vortech steet tuned for all it was worth i could get 25mpg on the highway with 3.73s on CC at 70-75mph. Vortechs are MUCH better on fuel economy that most other blowers in my experience.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Now my commuter is a 2000 focus on i got for 1200 bucks. Runs great. Put 10k miles on it in less than 2 months lol. Gets 33MPG with my sniper economy tune haha

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I daily drive mine. Runs perfectly fine in 0 degree or 100 degree weather. I have a separate winter tune for cold starts. The summer tune worked good until it started getting under 50 degrees. Then the car started running real rich on startup. I haven't had any issue daily driving it for 2.5 years now with the Vortech. My mpg did go down quite a bit after the blower. It does take about an extra 15% of the engines power to just spin the blower. All city driving I get in the 11's. Now this is real city driving not some suburban or country road driving. On the highway with 4.10's the car will get around 21mpg if I keep it around 70mph or lower.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I daily drive mine. Runs perfectly fine in 0 degree or 100 degree weather. I have a separate winter tune for cold starts. The summer tune worked good until it started getting under 50 degrees. Then the car started running real rich on startup. I haven't had any issue daily driving it for 2.5 years now with the Vortech. My mpg did go down quite a bit after the blower. It does take about an extra 15% of the engines power to just spin the blower. All city driving I get in the 11's. Now this is real city driving not some suburban or country road driving. On the highway with 4.10's the car will get around 21mpg if I keep it around 70mph or lower.
Weird.

Some people with centris don't get affected by fuel economy and others do.

Maybe it all has to do with the tune. What are your A/F ratios?

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Weird.

Some people with centris don't get affected by fuel economy and others do.

Maybe it all has to do with the tune. What are your A/F ratios?
I'm pretty sure everyone gets affected. You can't add an extra accessary that the motor needs to spin and not be affected. Idle fluctates like on any car between 14.5-15.5. WOT is tuned to 11.7.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.