Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have long tube headers, o/r bbk hpipe and straight pipes, sounds amazing but today i get pulled over by a statie (trooper) he says your exhaust is WAY to loud and i have to get mufflers. ive only had straight pipes 2 weeks. also i blew out second gear so theres no second gear, and i still have to fix my damn lifters.:mad:
so what mufflers are the loudest but still legal?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Please, please, please put mufflers on your car. You are not making your car any faster by making it louder. Your engine needs SOME back pressure to properly scavenge exhaust. As for what mufflers to choose...... thats a personal preference but I've always been a two chamber flowmaster guy.... just my preference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i agree with bulloch27. I had mac long tubes, pro chamber, and mac pro dumps and it sounded amazing and i never got pulled over. no mufflers is just annoying IMO

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If tuned correctly you don't need mufflers but who would want straight pipes on a car that is driven on the street?

·
Registered
705 Posts
If tuned correctly you don't need mufflers but who would want straight pipes on a car that is driven on the street?
Yea man I disconnected from my mid pipe to cat back The day b 4 and it's just annoying and my girls brother always has his vette like that .... It's way to loud for the highways

·
Registered
483 Posts
Agree with everyone else. BUT, the OP did ask what is the loudest muffler. The answer to that would be the SLP Loud Mouth 1, which I think is the same as the SLP Loud Mouth Resonator listed here: SLP Loudmouth Resonators (Shotgun-Style, Pair) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

Since you seem to be on a tight budget, I'd actually recommend the Pypes M80 mufflers. Vehicles & Parts > Automotive Parts > Automotive Exhaust > Mufflers & Muffler Parts They're still going to be plenty loud but they're only $45 each.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Serious question, why do you want the loudest thing? Dont you want something with a nice tone to it or something? It can still be loud, but have a nice tone too it. Im sorry but Lm1 with an o/r X or H sounds like ****. Nevermind adding longtubes on top of that. It sounds like I just ate tacos, and my asshole was exploding in the toilet.

Atleast with LM2's itll be loud, but a better tone. Or Bassani or something. Just not LM1 or no mufflers.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
GAY! o/r X and LM1 = :gay

Reactions: mfj

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
GAY! o/r X and LM1 = :gay
Yeah **** you to lol

I rode in a mustang that I put gears in on Saturday and he had slp lm1 catback and a slp catted x and his sounded so much cleaner and better than mine so im stuck between orderinghigh flow cats or getting flowmaster mufflers, I have echeck so cats would be nice but I still can't decide lol

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Loudest does not by any means equal best sounding, and the LM1 is technically just a resonator. Anyhow I think the loudest mufflers would be the Pypes M80 or Borla Stingers. Loudmouth 2's don't really seem that loud.

A few months ago I was in a parking lot and couldn't avoid a huge dip by the time I spotted it. I had already hit it. Ripped my passenger side muffler right off. Grabbed the muffler out, threw it in my trunk, and drove home like that. I got on it a few times just for the fun of it, and it was neat sounding from how loud it was, but annoying. It was just a very loud, annoying sound. Barely any tone at all.

Just do yourself a huge favor and go with Borlas. I need to order up a stinger catback soon, speaking of that. My Flowmasters are trashed. The baffles are loose and rattle all the time. You can hear them rattle a little even when you shut the door.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah **** you to lol

I rode in a mustang that I put gears in on Saturday and he had slp lm1 catback and a slp catted x and his sounded so much cleaner and better than mine so im stuck between orderinghigh flow cats or getting flowmaster mufflers, I have echeck so cats would be nice but I still can't decide lol
Lol. Well atleast you realised the catted x makes it sound better. I liked the sound of the LM1 with the o/r Prochamber

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I used to want Magnapacks too. The sound of Stingers just grew on me more.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I heard when I was looking up videos of them. :lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts