Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short I had to take some BRAND NEW RIMS to a tire shop to have BRAND NEW TIRES dismounted from the rims and I got the rims back and one has a significant deep scratch in it. And I contacted the shop and they said I had to wait till the owner sees the issue and go from there. Does anyone have prior experience with a situation like this?

I mean i want a new rim now it was brand new just out of the box

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
same thing happened to me. i brought brand new wheels in the plastic in the box to a tire shop to have them mounted on tires. i told them they scratched one of my wheels and they said "we didn't see the wheel before we mounted it so it could have already been scratched"

seriously? out of the box scratched? people are ****in **** nowadays. It's rare to meet an honest person who won't **** you over.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so they did **** for you?

I will be super pissed if this place does that to me, When I went in the first time the service man claimed that he did not scratch them

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
They didn't do ****. It was a "Juan and Pop" shop so of course they're gonna be **** people. From now on I'm taking everything to Discount Tire and I'm gonna be "that dickhead customer" that makes you inspect all of my **** before you touch it and me and the saleman will be taking pictures together to document.

Everywhere I go that deals with someone touching my car, I get ****ed over. The transmission shop stained my carpet, and put a ding in my door scratching the paint and denting it. Rim shop scratched my wheels AND they tore off a piece of rubber in the bead area causing the tire to be uselss because they hire dumb ****ing illegals who can't mount a wheel properly and tear **** up. /rant.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats exactly what was wrong with my tires! haha bead was cut for about six inches, and they came from AM like that. Well this shop is a local franchise type of place so I will see tomorrow what will happen.

Ya i am starting to see that I will be turning into that customer as well

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
oh I had a problem with AM as well. i got sent this tire. as if my luck wasnt bad i get a tire with a weird beading area. seems like they would briefly glance over the merchandise before its shipped out? o well i mounted it anyways.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow... I have three out of four tires from them that have beads that are punctured, cut, slit its just ridiculous I thought AM was a good company but they sent me some **** tires

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Yeh they are a good company but come on theres no excuse for being sent shitty tires. That would be something that should be noticed before they're boxed up?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, could end up as being a major insurance issue if that tire blows out and injures or kills someone

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the tire shop is going to have the rim resurfaced so hopefully it comes back looking new

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
That's good news, if it doesn't look new are they gonna replace it?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
oh I had a problem with AM as well. i got sent this tire. as if my luck wasnt bad i get a tire with a weird beading area. seems like they would briefly glance over the merchandise before its shipped out? o well i mounted it anyways.

You should have contacted AM. Specifically through one of the reps here on the forum. When I bought my 2010 GT Premium replica wheels one was cast wrong and I couldn't fit a socket into the holes. Normal customer service didn't want to do **** but I PM'ed Emily (was the AM rep here at the time) and showed her a video of the problem. Within a day a new wheel and mounted tire were on the way to my home and a shipping label was in my email for me to ship the defective one back.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
You should have contacted AM. Specifically through one of the reps here on the forum. When I bought my 2010 GT Premium replica wheels one was cast wrong and I couldn't fit a socket into the holes. Normal customer service didn't want to do **** but I PM'ed Emily (was the AM rep here at the time) and showed her a video of the problem. Within a day a new wheel and mounted tire were on the way to my home and a shipping label was in my email for me to ship the defective one back.
Ehh I wasn't too worried about it. I was honestly just fed up at that point b/c it seemed as if everything on my car was going wrong and everybody was screwing me over so I just didn't even want the headache of bothering AM about it. I know they would have helped me out but I just decided to mount it and see if it would work, if it didn't work I would have returned it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts