Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right. So this morning I took the car and our daughter's Rebel XTi
down to the lake for some sunrise shots.

I am certainly no photographer, and am completely unfamiliar with the
XTi. This is the first time I've tried to do more than just a couple of
quick auto shots with it. And of course, I could not find my tripod for
the life of me, so all I had were my hands and my little gorillapod.

And it was a boring sunrise at best. Kinda overcast, and of course it
also started raining. lol

And while I was prepping the car, wiping the morning dew and whatnot
of it, detailing it, everyone and their brother kept stopping and talking
to me asking me about the car... plus the one homeless dude who asked
me if I was allowed to park my car on the boardwalk. He left when I stood
up from cleaning a wheel and said "I'm sorry, did you have a question sir?"

Anyway. Here they are. Again, I'm not claiming to be the second coming
of Erin May. Mostly just showing off my Ultra Finish polish on a car that
is driven hard and has over 50k miles on her... never gets covered...
sits out in direct sunlight 365 days a year. She's got some marks on her,
and the front end is getting chewed up and sand blasted, but I love her so!

:drool lol :)

I know there's a buncha shots, but sue me. I'm only home two days a
week and don't get the time to do a lot of shooting. :)

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
can you send me the close up of the drivers door? That shall be my new desktop wallpaper

That is all

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
the closest one. there are 2 the other one you pull back and get some background in there...i like the one of the door and the rear wheel

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I love that GT stripe on there Rick.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love that GT stripe on there Rick.
Thanks Troy. You know it's funny, when I ordered the car and the stripe package, I said "No side stripes please." Well when the car landed, it had those stripes... and I wasn't sure if I liked them. But I gave them a chance, listening to the suggestion of my salesman, and I'm glad I did.

Ironically, I was going to tell you I had not yet in 4 summers seen these style of side stripes yet, but just last night on the way home, I saw a Mustang with similar ones. The Stang was black as well with gray racing stripes, although the "GT" on the side stripes was a little larger and the stripes were a bit wider.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I have yet to see a stripe like that around here. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice car. Never seen those stripes before, but it looks good!

Are those the OEM wheels? They look so much better than aftermarket bullits. Like they are spread out more and not so crammed.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Wowo man looks great.. Cool background to..

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Caught a couple good "golden hour" shots in there. Tough place to compose shots there, as it is in any boating area. Poles and things always coming up and sticking out the top of the car and such.

You did pretty good especially considering your not super familiar with the camera, and secondly, that it was pretty dark for some of those without a true pod.

Nice work.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice car. Never seen those stripes before, but it looks good!

Are those the OEM wheels? They look so much better than aftermarket bullits. Like they are spread out more and not so crammed.
Thanks brother :) Yep, those are factory 18" Bullitts that come stock on the California Special cars. I special ordered them in 06 before the CS cars started rolling out. Order number 64W baby!

Wowo man looks great.. Cool background to..
Thanks dude :)

Looks great man, how do you like those tires?
Thanks Ryan. I love them. They offer, for me, almost a perfect combination of ride, traction, and wear. And they are quite good in the rain. So IMO they're awesome for the everyday real world driving I do.

Caught a couple good "golden hour" shots in there. Tough place to compose shots there, as it is in any boating area. Poles and things always coming up and sticking out the top of the car and such.

You did pretty good especially considering your not super familiar with the camera, and secondly, that it was pretty dark for some of those without a true pod.

Nice work.
Thanks Erin. I was thinking of you this morning. Not in that way! Was wishing I had your expertise and advice with me. The thing is we're on a pretty big lake, but there's actually limited room to get the car right down by the water, so there's not a lot of maneuverability room.

I tried to be cognizant of the poles and people and so on... the sunrise started off good, but quickly started becoming overcast... So I started rushing, and between that and no tripod I tossed out a lot of pics that would have been nicer shots in terms of setting placement and angles. The Gorillapod certainly helped, but it's a small one meant for my S5-IS, not the big SLR, so it was still wobbly even if just a breeze blew.

Nice job Zip.

The car is looking good.
Thanks Al. :)

Looks good Zip, nice photos :yes
Thanks dude :)

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I know all too well about how fast a sunrise can pass you by. also know how bad you get pushed to rush. I been there several times landscape shooting and that's hard. Forget about when a car subject is the focal point. I'd have to come back better prepared on a second attempt I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts