Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced my rear axle and trying to reinstall my brakes... the dang thing won't compress like it's supposed to. tried like heck to get the thing compressed with a C-clamp but it isn't budging. The wife thought she was helping me because she noticed my e brake wasn't on while I was under the car so she pulled it for me when the caliper was off so... did she muck it up?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you need to screw the rear caliper pistons in, they don't compress with a c-clamp.

Reactions: afmustanglover

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome I will see if that works... think I pulled something on the c clamp adventure lol. I'm guessing righty tighy?

·
Registered
493 Posts
yup. for some odd reason when i did my irs swap, the cobra that it came from had been sitting for a while and i had to extend the piston before i could get it to compress. just something to try if you can't get it to compress the first time. good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys... turns out that I didn't realize that they spin to compress when I changed the pads a while ago because the C-Clamp I used spun with it lol oh well no damage done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts