Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I bought the Dark smokes because they look so good on the silver cars. I bought the $50 hella bulbs because theyre supposedly the brightest you can buy. Still too dark, I have done search but returned nothing. Is an HID kit going to be bright enough or should i scrap this idea and go back to the factory smoke?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yea 55w watts are the most powerful hids. Once those are fully warmed up they should definitely be able to shine through the tint.. Personally i love my smoked Raxiom headlights the way they are but whatever floats your boat sinks my battleship. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet. i bought the dark smokes from AM and they are literally black. almost darker than i thought they would be, but it still looks badass. but sadly, my foglights put out more light than my headlights. I don't know anything about HID's. what am i looking for, what would I expect to pay, and can i get HID's that don't have that ugly blue?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Alright, I bought the Dark smokes because they look so good on the silver cars. I bought the $50 hella bulbs because theyre supposedly the brightest you can buy. Still too dark, I have done search but returned nothing. Is an HID kit going to be bright enough or should i scrap this idea and go back to the factory smoke?
You should of just bought Ford OEM headlight housings and put HID's in them.

Then buy GTS headlight covers for the cool look during the day, takem off during night driving.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Ya I hear ya. But just a thought, you wouldnt have to pay for the housings, since you already have them. You would just have to pay for he bulbs and ballasts and labor. Should be about $120 - $150 less with the housings

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that i could do. i'm mechanically inclined, just never touched projector lights. where would i find the parts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stang, i saw the covers, but it didn't dawn on me that you could just pop them on and off until the week after i bought the lights. whoops.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hurley the color of the hid is determined by the temperature. Note that the higher temp you go the less actual light output. The brightest you can get is 4300k. Which is solid white. Then you can go to 6000k which has a very slight blue tint, then 8000k with a blue'r look. And 10k is probably the ugly blue you dont like. 12000k is a violet and 30000k is pink. Not that you would want either of those. I would look at 4300k or 6000k for the best overall look and light output. just my opinion.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im reading up on it. i found the writeup of how he did it. i wish it didn't cost so much to have redfyre do it because this is intimidating.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright, making my wishlist. the only problem i am having is the ballast. do i get the one for the 9007 i'm assuming?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I originally had the DDM 9007 kit, and Redfyre sent me an adapter with the lights that connected the H2 (or whatever size bulbs I have now in the projectors D2?) to the DDM balasts.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
LOL! sorry man, I had to..... :) WDHurly, Im about to reply to your Email... Hope it helps. :)

Oh and the place I source my bulbs from offers them in 4500, 5000, and 6000k. 4500 has a slight off white color kind of like halogen, 5000 is pure white, and 6000 has a slight hint of blue. I personally prefer the 5000. that's what I run in all of mine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts