Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when my friend hijacked my car to put in HIDs and add tint, I always thought he was going to do 15% tint, 'cause that's what he recommended originally. The subject of tint came up last night.

Friend: Have you been pulled over for your tint, yet?

Me: Nope.

Friend: I don't get why I keep getting busted for mine.(His is 15% doors, 5% back, I think...) You know your's is beyond illegal, right?

Me: Yeah, 15%, right?

Friend: HAHA, no. You have 5% all the way around.

Me: Oh!...****in' A, awesome!

I still need to get around to getting new pics, lol...I'm lazy. :p

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
I have 5% all around including the windowshield strip and haven't been pulled over for it once in the 3 years it's been on there. *knocks on wood*

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Ive noticed ( from people I know who have gotten busted for tint as opposed to those who seem to just get away with it) people with lighter color cars get busted more for dark tint, I think its because it stands way out with the color contrast.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, mine's on the windows, back, and windshield strip with an open space in the middle of the strip so it doesn't cover over the pony emblem on the windshield, haha...I like it. :D Wonder if your tint is less noticeable in your black car...I'm surprised I haven't been busted with the large contrast from white to limo tint on mine, too, haha. :p My friend's 4Runner is also white and he's been given a hard time for it several times.

Edit: Gen, you read my mind...creeper. :shiftyeyes

·
MM's Anti-Hardparker
12,055 Posts
haha i got busted for 20% all around in the red 05 v6. had to take off the door tints so i dont have to pay a fine. kept the quarter windows and the rear windshield, the cop checked it out and said it's fine now.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
I have 5% all around including the windowshield strip and haven't been pulled over for it once in the 3 years it's been on there. *knocks on wood*
I went almost 3 years with never getting stopped with 5% every where but the windshield and the whole windshield was 35%. Than all of a sudden in 6 months I got stopped 4 times! :no

1 - 9 of 9 Posts