Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the only thing that works on my original dash is my speedometer...even though its about 15 mph slow. anyway, i was just wonderin what ist he best way to get a new instrument panel with the bezel and gauges. i've found some online for a grand or so but they all have new style gauges in them. I wanna keep it original. Anybody know any good places for that? i guess i could always just see if i can find em at junk yards and stuff but who knows. Thanks!

-josh

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Welcome to Modded Mustangs...

The Good thing all the gauges not working is a good thing. The Contant Votage Regulator on the back of the insterment panel is were we need to look first. With the switch on there will be 12V on the ing side and on the other side is a blinking 12V.

The Black w/green is the power that goes to the gauges. you can check the at each of the gauges. Then on the other side of the gauges like the oil one is the white w red stripe, you can check it at the gauge it will be blinking also. Then you can check it at the sending unit. It will be blinking also. Do this with each gauge. Temp is Red w/white stripe. Fuel is yellow w/White stripe. The easy way to check this right away is unplug the wire off the sending units and check to see if there is the blinking 12V. If no blinking 12V check the Consant voltage rag on the back of the insterment panel.

Good Luck, Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a ton. i'll have to check all that out. if in fact im going to need to get new gauges, or even the motherboard circuit on the back of the instrument panel, do you know any good places where i could find those? junk yards? websites? what would be best?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh man thanks..i didnt see you had a website. i'll have to give ya a call when i get to it. im just finishing up rebuilding the motor. i took the whole block out. got a new head. replaced the rings and bearings on the pistons. main bearings. got a brand new head. new carb. im actually putting it all back together today on the engine mount and getting it ready to paint. hopefully i'll have it all back in and painted next week and runnin. then i'll get to the dash so i'll be gettin a hold of you soon! thanks a ton!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts