Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I did some data logging on my Mustang. I was wondering if those of you with more experience on this could help out with interpreting the data.

Supposedly the car has a tune on it but I have no way of verifying that.

The Long term fuel trim is all over the place... that is what sparked my attention.

Questions: See anything out of the ordinary? Any concerns? How badly does it need a tune? Anything else you wanna add?

Planning PI swap soon and gonna go with a tune after, handheld or custom?

Here is the spreadsheet with a good amount of data let me know what you think
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoI3r4FbH7ildHlZOEhPVU9qaUtBT1JUMmRFNklabmc&hl=en&authkey=CKekpb0P

Thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Too much information to process'

Can't comprehend it all,

OMG, I can't take it.....

MY BRAIN IS MELTING!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you were datalogging wtf were you doing with the throttle lol
Really I was just driving. I made a couple of pulls and some normal driving as you can see from the engine load. The throttle registers 21% (I believe) at no throttle at all and the numbers are coming over OBD so there was about 1.5 seconds between throttle position update.

Any one have any knowledge on the data?

Sorry about the mass amount of data I really dont know any other way to organize it or remove unnecessary because I don't know what could be useful to some.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Yea i saw the load going from like 30 to like 99 and back down.

Do a 3rd gear roll from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm for me. Kill it shortly after you let off.

Post up the screen shot of the graphs from the SCT software.

I want-
RPM
Short term fuel trim
Long term fuel trim
Maf counts
Timing
Coolant temp
IAT
Both front 02 sensor voltages

Then post it up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do a 3rd gear roll from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm for me. Kill it shortly after you let off.
To be on the safe side - I disagree,

If your unsure of your tune theres NO way you should do a datalog WOT run due to the risk of running fat or lean / detonation.

You should start with an Idle tuning datalog session review data then IF SAFE

continue with a Middle Range datalogging session review the data then IF SAFE

continue to a WOT run datalogging.

Check out this link for more info
General Datalogging How to Guide - Trick Tuners Forums

He also gos on to explain how to put your data into an excel spreadsheet so you can graph your perameters into readable data here
Advanced SCT datalogging and Tune Analysis

Joe from Trick Tuners is a high school bubby of mine and I have worked with him on a couple of projects. (I'm also taking the SCT tuning training course next week.)

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
I know joe pretty well too. He tuned my car and im well familiar with how he does things.
'
This guys mearly trying to figure out why his fuel trims are wierd. Im just trying to take a look at them.

Joes way are more for tuning the car entirly. Not just trying to examine the car at one point.

Also he didnt say he had detonation issues or was doing tuning at all

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya... There are no detonation issues or check engine lights. I just feel like something is screwey with the tune. I have been driving it like that for over a year now with no troubles, with plenty of drag runs so im not too worried about that (more than usual I should say)

I will try to get a pull but 3rd is pretty rough due to the speeds, and im in SC right now so I have cop worries lol.

Once I get access back to the scan tool I will post up the results you asked for.

Thanks for the help

Anyone else with info let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts