Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to go down to my garage and Data log my car for the first time... I got Info from my tuner but I dont exactly understand it all... I should be in neutral at a stand still when I data log correct?
The info I got from my tuner is just a whole different times on each Rpm...
I also have a base tune on the car with my CAI should I have data Logged before hand???
I just need some info on data logging some tips or what ever...

Thanks in advance guys...
-Joe

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you using to datalog? SCT? Kinda need to know so we can help..

SCT 3..... I failed.... I dont know what to do I tried but I could not get it up on my laptop...
Is LiveLink a different program then LiveWire updater because I was horribly unsuccessful and I tried Data logging with out the computer... I recorded it but I dont know if I saved it... I am very confused....

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Alright, then I can help a bit, I'm running a revised xcal2 but they all datalog the same on the most current software.. The XCAL3 displays better when reading off the device.

You have to set up the XCAL via your laptop, or within the sct to datalog the items you want logged.

you'll want to check box a minimum of the following for datalogging:

rpm
IAT,
ECT,
TP,
MAF counts,
Fuel pump DC
Pressure drop across injectors
spark

There are numerous other items you could add.. It's a simple check box within the live link application. Be sure to rip down a fresh copy before starting. To log you simply need to plug in your SCT, no need to have the laptop flopping around in the front seat..

Go to the datalog prompt, then the start datalog prompt, you'll be prompted to start the car. Once the car is running, you should be prompted to press select when you want to datalog.

Once done, take it to your pc and download the file.. or view it real time on your xcal3 screen.

Here is a great tutorial for the less comfortable folks: Data logging Info

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Emay thanks for the info I will rep you in a second... I cant seem to find a way to save the data log on the XCAL3 I hit rec then did it all and stopped it but there was nothing that said record... I am going to try it agian on the computer...

Edit: I believe there was an upgrade on the Xcal three for the O2 Sensor
The page for data logging you sent me is actually my Tuners Page LOL... Joes a Great Guy wish I could hit him up now but its so late...
Theres always tomorrow...

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
No rep needed man, glad I could help..

Once stopped, it should auto save. I forget the exact prompts without looking at the darn thing, but you need to go back in and select the file for reading via the menu prompts.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I was looking for my saved file a came across two...
Diesel.dlf
Gasoline.dlf

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
When I was looking for my saved file a came across two...
Diesel.dlf
Gasoline.dlf
Those are the preloaded options. The gas one may have the required parameters. You should be able to load a new configuration onto the X3 using livelink. There is an option in livelink to suck the datalog out of the X3 into livelink. Hit me up if you still have trouble. The on device logging can be tricky and buggy sometimes. I always log with a laptop.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are the preloaded options. The gas one may have the required parameters. You should be able to load a new configuration onto the X3 using livelink. There is an option in livelink to suck the datalog out of the X3 into livelink. Hit me up if you still have trouble. The on device logging can be tricky and buggy sometimes. I always log with a laptop.

Any one needing a SCT tuner heres your guy ^^^....

Thanks Joe you always pick up when I need you... After I got off the phone with you my computer froze up on my so I am going too try once agian tonight... I was having a little trouble finding the Parameters through the list but I think I found them all.. I couldnt seem to find the two of the parameters and had to guess...
STFT bank 2
LTFT bank 2

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It comes up with three of them for each...
STFT 0
STFT
STFT 1

LTFT 0
LTFT
LTFT 1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts