Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the handheld tuner world, and I am trying to figure out the setup file/s for datalogging. I have an SCT X3/SF3 and I have downloaded the LiveLink 6.5 from the SCT website. I have done 2 datalog runs, but I have no idea what I am doing lol. If anybody can tell me what parameters will give me the most info about what my car is doing, or if there is a setup file specifically for our cars would be greatly appreciated.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Well your tuner has to tell you what you need to datalog to meet his needs to tune your car

03cristian

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
What do you want to know about your car? There are lots of options, it just depends on what YOU want to know. If you're not having any issues with your car, the only thing you'll find out from datalogging is that everything is in order. So if you don't have any reason to datalog besides you're bored, then pick some things you want to know about, go drive around, go home, plug the tuner into your computer, and get your datalog files. You'll get a lot of info that you probably won't understand, but it will be there :dunno

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, for the most part it was out of boredom, and to try and learn a bit more about what makes my car tick. I wasn't sure if there was some "magical combination" of parameters to look at, or something like that. If that makes any sense at all :screwy:

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Nah, there's no magical combination. You just choose the things you want the tuner to monitor and then have a look at how each one performed when you're done.

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I figured it was going to come down to, just taking a shot in the dark. Anywho, thanks for the intel, sounds like I have a learning curve ahead of me :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts