Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Check Engine Light come on twice in the past week and have had it cleared both times. I know the first time the guy at Autozone said it was bank 2 and the 2nd time the guy told me it was reading that the engine was running lean. I was thinking it might just be a bad sensor because I just had it on the dyno last week and it was running a flat 12.9.

How do I datalog using the X3? I want to make sure I'm not running lean and it is just a bad sensor. I don't have a wideband setup, just an X3 and a laptop with the SCT software (but I don't know how to use it yet).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
good question, im no help but im going to follow this thread so i know how to use it when i get my x3

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give that a shot when I get back to St. Louis tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a laptop that stays on when it is just on battery.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
you can datalog on your xcal without having a laptop...but i think its only for a minute on the xcal3 and 30 seconds on the xcal2...you will need to plug the xcal into a computer to decipher it though...the xcal wont tell you anything about the datalogging. If you use a laptop, then you can datalong as long as you want depending on hard drive space.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just got my xcal3, and it will read your codes and tell you what they are, as well as clear them. Hopefully you didnt pay for that service. As for datalogging, I have not done it myself, BUT the SCT websight has the manual for it and gives you step by step on how to do it.

SCT Automotive Performance Products

click on the manual download, It will tell you what the codes are that the xcal gives you, and how to datalogg.

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
If there is just one bank lean you could swap the sensors to the opposite bank and see if the code follows. If it does its a bad sensor. Chances are the tune is not totally dialed in (if tuned) and the other bank is probably right on the edge of throwing a code. A datalog will show that.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I didn't pay for it. Autozone does it for free and I haven't learned anything about how to use my X3.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The xcal3 is really easy if you havnt figured it out, if anything, go to your car, put your keys in but dont turn it on, plug in your tuner, (in the 02gt its would be driver side center consule where your right knee is. Once you plug it in just follow the directions on it. It first ID's your car, then you can read codes/clear them. Load the custom/pretune, and when you do the tunes you can change options before it flashes your computer like axle/wheel ratio, fuel grade, stuff like that.

It is very easy, just dont change something you dont know what it is, like spark plug temps and such. Unless you know what they do.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was wanting to datalog and tried the other day, but it got confusing. I didn't see an A/F option on the X3 screen and then it wanted to know what kind of connection I was using (wideband, what kind, ect).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts