Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I went to my local picknpull on found a fox that is crunched in I looked around and found a set off tail pipes with chrome tips. (they where the exact ones I've been looking for 0.o. I cashed out and swooped them for 10 bucks each tailpipe. $$$ My local marco muffler charged $275 buck to install and sell the parts.

I also ran into a set of dynomax super turbo mufflers for $20 and I'm going to turn them around and sell them.

I also find a 87 or 88 thunderbird turbo coop. I noticed all the rear disk brakes where in the car. I know that is one of the ways for a disk brake conversion swap but I hear the 2 port 4 wheel disk master cylinder with a 1 inch bore. What mustangs could I find those off of?

·
Rockin the "letter" cam!
157 Posts
If you were closer I would have given you mine for free.

·
Registered
342 Posts
maximum motorsports makes a 3-2 port conversion, 93 cobra master cylinder had a 1" bore.. 94-95 stangs had a 1 1/16" bore and are cheaper

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I use the 1 1/16" bore MS I would be use full if I upgrade the front calipers from a lincoln mark vii or an SVO

·
Registered
342 Posts
I believe both of those calipers are the same size (73mm). It is recommended to use the SVO master cylinder with that setup, (1 1/8" bore). Im using the dual piston pbr calipers off of a 99+ gt. From what I understand the total combined area of the dual pistons is ~68mm. Therefore i'll need a smaller mc than the svo. either a 1" bore from a 93 cobra, or a 1 1/16" from a 94-95. I plan on doing the install during the summer when im back home from college so I cant give you any info on pedal feel yet lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha thanks yea I was told also that you can use a master cylinder out of a 96-98 mustang gt or cobra. Is this true?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I know I can take 5 lug axles off a ranger but what year do they come off of?
86-89 ford aerostar and 83-97 rangers but it's certain rangers I forget which ones you want.. and the rear ends are off centered in both rangers and aerostars so you need a driver from each car or pass side i can't remember which side you need but do a search for it

·
Registered
342 Posts
driverside. worlds strongest axles
haha true story.. and yes the sn95 axles are 3/4 inch longer. You can make up for it with a rim with more backspace.. but its just one more pain in the ass. I got fox length 5 lug axles from on3 performance for $200. They are thicker and two pounds heavier. Im not sure if thats a good thing but the only other ones out there are northernracecar fox length axles for $250

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
haha true story.. and yes the sn95 axles are 3/4 inch longer. You can make up for it with a rim with more backspace.. but its just one more pain in the ass. I got fox length 5 lug axles from on3 performance for $200. They are thicker and two pounds heavier. Im not sure if thats a good thing but the only other ones out there are northernracecar fox length axles for $250
The only other 5 lug fox axles? Strange and Moser make them to name two, and I'm sure there's tons of other companies that make them too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts