Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I got a kit from hidmasters, I'm assuming there all generally the same, take some pics ill tell you which plugs into what

·
Making Bad Decisions
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have been using this video and its helping a lot.

Main thing no is I want to make sure I put the pos and neg stuff right.
I know these are supposed to be plug and play for the most part.
but I am a big noob when it comes to electronics for cars.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well I think the wires from the ballasts to the lights are color coded right? then theres the power source right to the battery, then it's just the ground wires, I just unscrewed those screws on metal like right above the headlights and attached the grounds/screw em back in. last thing is the 3 pronged plug that 3 wires go into, which plugs into the back of the headlight plug, basically it.... does that make sense? lol

·
Making Bad Decisions
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay so i pretty much know what to do.

only question I have is if i turn them on with out the ballast mounted somewhere will it matter?

like if they are just sitting on the fender but the grounds are in right.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
no that won't matter, the only thing that there's an actual order to is the 3 prong plug, when I did mine I had them backwards causing the highs and lows to be mixed up, so if that happens swap two of the wires until it works

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
turn the fogs on, and see if they turn on/stay on either way you have the wires, try the middle one too

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

get it?

·
Making Bad Decisions
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay so I got it all figured out and I will do a quick write up to probably.

So anyone who needs Help installing your HIDs from DDM I can help you now. Haha

Also will add some pics here soon too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
quick question. you get the 35 or 55 watt set up....and whats the difference? also, what bulb type is for the headlights nd foglights...gonna order a couple sets for my car

·
Making Bad Decisions
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
quick question. you get the 35 or 55 watt set up....and whats the difference? also, what bulb type is for the headlights nd foglights...gonna order a couple sets for my car
35W 6000K for both headlights and fogs.

55W is brighter, and it would be overkill for stock housings.

Headlights are 9007 and fogs are 893.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.