Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay im curently running HIDextra's 8k HID's in my smoked lenses and nokya hyper yellow's in my clear fogs and i think its time to upgrade. Im getting a new front bumper in july(mines in horrible shape) and im ordering smoked fogs from AM as well. So ive narrowed it down to a few things, i know im going with the 55w kit because asiansensation says there is a difference, and im going 35w with my fogs, both single beam. Mm lost with what colors to go with, my mustang is all black. I dont know if i want bright white in both the heads/fogs(4.5k), blue in both heads/fogs(10k) or similar to my setup now blue in the heads and yellow in the fogs(10k and 3k)? What do you guys recomend? Pictures are welcome and any other choices you have. Also were do you mount the ballast for the fogs? I didnt think they were allowed to get wet so idk if you mount them in the bumper or what?
Thanks again:D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just to let you know, i have ddm heads and i ordered 35w 8k and they looked more like the 4300. i got a set of 10k and there in between a 6 and 8k. color wise. And if you go with the 55w im pretty sure that you lose even more color. id show a pic but i dont know how to put the code on here cause i tried it and it didnt work.

My sig pic gives you a good idea of what 10ks look like from ddm

·
Registered
760 Posts
DDM tuning HID kits are nice but their customer service sucks just my :2cents. but I would go with 8k up top and 3k in the fogs. the 8k 35 watt kits are not too blue and are bright.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
never had an issue with DDM's customer service....

Love my 55W 5000K bulbs, but mine are a bit different.... why don't you think about doing a retrofit for your HID's rather than blinding other drivers?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the opinions, ive delt with DDM before and had good luck, and @r3d im not doing a retrofit because i dont have the money to do that right now, i dont blind drivers now with my HIDs.
Im leaning more and more towards the blue on top and yellow on the bottom, just dont know what blue to go with, maybe a 55w 12k?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
10k heads, got 3k fogs (luminics) looks good but they don't match the turn signals well. so i'm against having 3 colors up front. even bought aftermarket turn signals (2.8k) still look different. i'd say having same color heads and fogs my friend, I am with the new cobra bumper getting isntalled. nice stang btw

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
10k heads, got 3k fogs (luminics) looks good but they don't match the turn signals well. so i'm against having 3 colors up front. even bought aftermarket turn signals (2.8k) still look different. i'd say having same color heads and fogs my friend, I am with the new cobra bumper getting isntalled. nice stang btw

Jeez this looks bad. Way too much glare.
I can feel the burn.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
10k and 3k is a good combo i got both 10k and they are hella bright lol. n just mount the ballast in the bumper they should be waterproof unless they are super cheap.. mine actually fell in a bucket of water cuz of my nephew while installing and i just waited till the next day and they worked fine just dont us 3m tape to mount. either brackets or zipties.

Reactions: mk1993

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah im runnin 8k and hyperyellow fogs and i know they dont match the turn signals but that doesnt really bother me, so im thinkin defiantly a blue up top, do i go with a 35w 10k or a 55w 12k? :help

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

DDM hi/low kits are horrible, complete waste of money and I wish I never had gotten them....
Why is that ?
I always thought hi/lo kits were a different ballast but
Soon realized I can use a regular 35w DDM ballast and adapt the hi/lo relay
Harness. Theretrofitsource.com sells good quality ones.

·
Registered
371 Posts

DDM hi/low kits are horrible, complete waste of money and I wish I never had gotten them....
i guess you could say you get what you $ for.

Their customer service dept. was excellent and easy to deal with.
Received a bad hi/lo harness, called had a 1 day label in my email to send back and they sent it back to me 1 day. Never had a problem after. kits come shipped nicely. bought over a year ago on recommendation of a friend that had them in his VW.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
mine are hi-low and not ddm, it's nice having both. i'd say go 55w up top my friend. i bouth 12k heads & fogs from them for my gf's tiburon and did 55w up top and 35w fogs. did good together, get lots of compliments.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I guess I just had bad timing with customer service huh? other than that I like their kit I ordered for my audi. now I need 2 kits for my Stang.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
maybe man, it was the only time i used them. on my stang and my mkiv jetta i used xenoneyes.com. more expensive but they shine much further than my girls ddm kit. about the difference i noticed, to account for price i think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts