Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i woke up this morning my pony apparently decided to take a siesta this weekend and ended up in a coma that elctroshock therapy. after the precedure was done it took another and everytime i tap the brakes, turn on the lights etc etc. all the electrical goes out in my car. i suspect it is the infamous alternator. it is an 06 GT with right around 30k. what could cause this. someone please help before i go buy an alterantor that isnt needed. also what is a good alternator if i need to get one. i am stuck going with autozone or orielys and the cheaper end and replace with a better one later money is a bit tight. thanks for any help

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Remove your alternator and go get it tested at the closest store. That will tell you if its the alt or not. If it is, just buy whatever one is the cheapest if you plan on replacing it again. Most of those parts have a year warranty so I wouldn't worry about it if you plan on replacing in the next year.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool man thanks can they check it on the car

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
And it just couldn't be the battery is dead??? Do you have the factory Shaker headunit? They are notorious for draining the battery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you have the factory Shaker headunit? They are notorious for draining the battery.
Interesting:eek: Can you elaborate on this please? I am only asking because I do have the shaker500 head unit and would be nice to know if it wise to change it out. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

·
Registered
235 Posts
did you try leaving your car running for a good 10-15 minutes just to be safe with the radio/lights off... kind of simple thing but who knows...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
They can check it on the car. I work at Advance Auto and we have the equipment to do that. And even give you a nifty print out with graphs and pictures on it!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i didnt leave it running but i did drive for qpabout ten min. Anyway went to oreileys and found out it was my battery, and my alt was good so my xar now has a optoma red top. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts