Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vinyls on the hood of my Mach 1 have wax on them, only about 1/4 of the way on one of them. I guess the person at the dealership, or previous owner caught themself 1/4 of their way into it... how can I safely remove the dried wax?

Since its starting to get nice, I want to give it a propper cleaning, but ive never dealt with this before... HELP!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
First wash the vehicle appropriately using proper washing techniques. If you need to know what I mean take a look at the detailing stickies and the video library I made for members a link to it is in my signature in every post I do.

Secondly you want to strip the residue but using a diluted all purpose cleaner. I use Zep Citrus at 4:1 to strip wax protection from vehicles safely you can get it a home depot for $10 a gallon. You can spray it on let it sit for a minute or two then agitate the left over wax residue with a soft detail brush like the Swissvax detail brush, raceglaze brushes, etc. if you dont want to wait for a brush to come in then you can get a grout sponge at Home depot or Lowes you can scrub the surface more safely without swirling or marring the paint then say if you were to do it with a wool or sheep skin mitt.

Lastly dry the vehicle using proper drying techniques and microfiber towels.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Duragloss makes a product that removes wax residue from trim and emblems safely. I believe the number is 481. You can pick it up at carquest.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, I have zep and sponges at work! now to wait for a nice day :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used Duragloss products for removing wax, it's pretty good!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive just got to wait for a day that is DRY every day since this post has been miserable.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got a chance to clean her up! Didnt end up using the zep, just a thin micro fiber towel. (had it on hand just figured id use that if this didnt work). I just used a little scrubbing with the towel and soap came out just fine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hate what? That I got out the wax lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts