Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to be working on this 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT/CS tomorrow. I will be doing a three stage paint correction because the dealership put in so many swirls in the finish after it was taken in due to an accident on the passenger side. They also managed to spray the carpet a bit and get paint dust or paint itself on the interior panels. Not sure if Zep citrus at 1:10 wand a SV Detail Brush will take out this stuff if not the dealership is going to replace the sprayed panels. Any ideas on what I can use that is safe on the interior that wont chemically etch or dull the plastic or vinyl surfaces? I was hired by the dealership per the request of the owner whom done work for before. I was thinking if I cant get it out with my vacuum with the dust attachment or with Zep citrus and a SV detail brush then maybe I could invest in a steamer to get it out, not sure if that is safe around electronics or if it will even work? I saw one on the walmart website but, the walmart I went to today didnt have it in stock. Here are some picture that way you guys can see what I am up against.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
:eek: I would be SO pissed...

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
whew. make a deal out of that **** man. Def should not have overspray like that. It was at a dealership?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dam that looks like its 5 years or more old
Yup looks like hell right now.

:eek: I would be SO pissed...
The owner is very pissed. It only has 1800 miles on it

whew. make a deal out of that **** man. Def should not have overspray like that. It was at a dealership?
I was one of the local Ford dealerships.

So anyone have any idea on how to remove the overspray safely besides what I already am going to use?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
maybe a little bit of thinner would do the trick. test it in a hidden area or another piece of carpet and see what happens. it may do the trick. just put some on a rag and wipe for the plastic and stuff....never know.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Wow that is terrible work :eek:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Did Ray Charles do the taping and painting on that???

I used the Shark Steamer on some interior overspray that jeep had for some reason and it took it off after some massaging...

The only place I wouldnt use it is on the radio...

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
:eek: 1,800 miles on it....yeah I'm thinking I would tell them I want a new car...they could fix that one and resell it...:lol

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did Ray Charles do the taping and painting on that???

I used the Shark Steamer on some interior overspray that jeep had for some reason and it took it off after some massaging...

The only place I wouldnt use it is on the radio...
Where can I get one I went to 2 Walmarts yesterday and Lowes and they dont carry the one with the nozzle.

:eek: 1,800 miles on it....yeah I'm thinking I would tell them I want a new car...they could fix that one and resell it...:lol
He did do that but I guess they decided to try and fix the damage instead.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
maybe a mixture of IPA/water. Don't want to use to much since its plastic tho. Like one person said, maybe some diluted paint thinner? It would need to be diluted a good bit and wiped up quick tho.

If APC, IPA, or Thinner does not do the trick then I would let the dealership handle it. Look at it this way, (for the customer) he gets brand new interior pieces.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe a mixture of IPA/water. Don't want to use to much since its plastic tho. Like one person said, maybe some diluted paint thinner? It would need to be diluted a good bit and wiped up quick tho.

If APC, IPA, or Thinner does not do the trick then I would let the dealership handle it. Look at it this way, (for the customer) he gets brand new interior pieces.
True I am going to try APC and a few other trick some of the guys at db told me and then see what happens. I might try some diluted down IPA/Dawn/Distilled water mix and see how that works but a very low amount of IPA of course. I am not going to use thinner on it if I cant get it out safely I rather let them know it was not possible. Thanks for the tip Justin.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Where can I get one I went to 2 Walmarts yesterday and Lowes and they dont carry the one with the nozzle.
Got it for $75 at my local walmart...What about Sam's? Target?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
WOW...I would be raged..I personally would fight the dealer to make them replace the entire interior since they basically destroyed it.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
This is why dealer body shops are generally horrible... Sad. I don't think you'll be able to touch the stuff in the carpet AT ALL. The stuff on the plastic maybe but I would only try some IPA because anything aggressive is going to make a change in the plastic. I think I know why you want to do this and I agree it would be nice for the dealer to have your number. However, this might be too much of a risk for you.

WOW...I would be raged..I personally would fight the dealer to make them replace the entire interior since they basically destroyed it.
Agreed.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts