Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thinking about debadging my gt, any suggestions on removing the glue?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
on my car.. a 02 gt. the side badges are cliped in to holes on the fenders. along with some sticky ass glue, you can use rubbing alcahal to get the glue off

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did it screw up your paint?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Use a heat gun. And you will have holes in the fenders behind the badge. I took my GT badges off and put on the pony logos

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
use a piece of fishing line, and a heat gun, get it warmed up, thenslide the line behind it and pull down. it will seperate from the panel, and then use goof off to get rid of the glue

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no pics yet, will post some when done

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took my rear badges off... the ford badge has holes going into the trunk so ull hafta put something over it. I put a black 4.6 logo on n looks sick!

·
Registered
991 Posts
use a piece of fishing line, and a heat gun, get it warmed up, thenslide the line behind it and pull down. it will seperate from the panel, and then use goof off to get rid of the glue
this is how you do it do it this way

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
easiest way...spread some goo gone in the area you want to remove...use fishing line to remove the badge...put some more goo gone on a rag then wipe up the excess adhesive. Heat gun will help the process

·
Registered
991 Posts
exactly lol blow dryer to get the adhesive tacky so it can come off fishing line then goo gone thats the best way to do it

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
im glad you guys are saying exactly the same thing i said about 10 posts up over and over again lol

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You know what else will work, heat it up with a heat gun, then take a piece of fishing line and slide it down from the top. Then take the Goo-Off and clean the glue residue off. Should work like a charm. I think thats what I read somewhere before. Sorry, had to do it. Anyways, hows the project coming, andI would like to see some pics of those black 4.6's. Thinking about going all black on mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow lol ...yup ill post em when i get it done shouldnt be hard at all

1 - 20 of 20 Posts