Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just too torn between the 2 ideas, im pretty much fed up with how loud the car is right now, and the fact the power comes on so strong theres no traction to speak of.

im toying with the idea of selling the whipple, and all the 03/04 swap parts, and getting a T76 hellion kit, and calling it a day.

my friend just put one on his, he had a 2.8H and MAN did that thing get quiet. last night im riding in my friends supra right behind him, he starts break boosting, lets off the brake, mats it, and its almost silent.

his car still rides like **** because it has the same K member i so.

thinking about putting the full interior back in to regain what little comfort the car had to begin with, and doing the hellion.

im just worried im not going to be happy once again.

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I think the turbo would definately make the car more enjoyable on the street. I say go for it. You'll make more power at the same pressure level, and on pump gas at that. The car will be docile (nearly stock like) to drive around town, and be deadly once you lay the go pedal down. Turbos really are the best power adder. I think its a good idea. Toning the exhaust down is just a bonus!

·
Registered
106 Posts
im just too torn between the 2 ideas, im pretty much fed up with how loud the car is right now, and the fact the power comes on so strong theres no traction to speak of.

im toying with the idea of selling the whipple, and all the 03/04 swap parts, and getting a T76 hellion kit, and calling it a day.

my friend just put one on his, he had a 2.8H and MAN did that thing get quiet. last night im riding in my friends supra right behind him, he starts break boosting, lets off the brake, mats it, and its almost silent.

his car still rides like **** because it has the same K member i so.

thinking about putting the full interior back in to regain what little comfort the car had to begin with, and doing the hellion.

im just worried im not going to be happy once again.

thoughts?
Well I can tell you that you will not be dissapointed with Hellion.
I have had mine for 3yrs know and still love it. Every year I add alittle more to her though. By the middle of next week I will be on the dyno at HPP and the car should make something in the mid 8XX's to low 9XX. I drive this car everyday im in town or not working. That includes 3-400 mile road trips. Before this last round of upgrades I had 3 tunes in the car 91oct=550rwhp,93oct=675rwhp,101oct=715rwhp with a max of 21#'s
The car is very quite driving normal. My exhaust is alittle different though,it is a straight 3" off the downpipe with a magnaflow flow thru dumped in front of the IRS.:D
This pic is old...Now the car has a sullivan lower and HPP upper. I don't have any new pix because the car is still at HPP. The car is done except the 4" electric cut out is on back order.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
good luck with whatever choice u make.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
sounds like an idea.... :)

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
MMMMM twin turbo. Me so hungry.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i dont like turbos, and i absoulety love loud cars, id drive around open headers if i wouldnt get pulled over second, even thu i did run open on my one car for about a week, throwing the interior back in is a good idea anyway around it, how the hell dont you like your car being loud

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont like turbos, and i absoulety love loud cars, id drive around open headers if i wouldnt get pulled over second, even thu i did run open on my one car for about a week, throwing the interior back in is a good idea anyway around it, how the hell dont you like your car being loud
how do you not like turbo's, they're the ****, no getting around it.

having a loud ****in car that everybody just stares at and gets tons of police attention gets old, you dont have longtubes, so i dont think you understand how insanely loud this thing is.

plus sneaking up on somebody, and them thinking your a stock cobra, no exhaust nothing, and they dont know your 700+RWHP until after you've honked it off and starting to spool.

im a street racer, i like to lay low until the last minute, pulling into a parking lot with a loud ass car is going to get everybodies attention, blower belt screaming, they're gonna know its a badass car.

pull in with a hellion, they wont know its not a GT until its way too late.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I say do it. I think that maybe a bigger turbo wouldn't be bad so you would have more room for growth should you decide you want to. If anything get the kit and swap the turbos down the road if you want more power. Sleeper effect FTW!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i have a 400 6.6 lter camaro, heads cam intake,carb,bored, crank, full exhaust etc etc, i know what loud is, i love loud cars, my mach is quiet as HELL!!! people say its somewhat loud but to me its might as well be stock, my v6 is ****in loud as hell for a street car and i love it

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
how do you not like turbo's, they're the ****, no getting around it.

having a loud ****in car that everybody just stares at and gets tons of police attention gets old, you dont have longtubes, so i dont think you understand how insanely loud this thing is.

plus sneaking up on somebody, and them thinking your a stock cobra, no exhaust nothing, and they dont know your 700+RWHP until after you've honked it off and starting to spool.

im a street racer, i like to lay low until the last minute, pulling into a parking lot with a loud ass car is going to get everybodies attention, blower belt screaming, they're gonna know its a badass car.

pull in with a hellion, they wont know its not a GT until its way too late.
if i have a badass car i want it to be loud and have everyone know it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Turbo all the way, a buddy of mine had a Twin Turbo Cobra, took the Turbos off then switched to the Kenne Bell and now he wants the Twin Turbos back because he liked it better

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
werent you against TT on a cobra KC? what caused the change in that, just curious

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
werent you against TT on a cobra KC? what caused the change in that, just curious
was never against turbo's, i was against the procharger kit for the 03/04 cobra because they perform like **** on these cars.

nothing wrong with a TT if you dont mind, and have the $$ to put up with the problems the turbo's are always going to have, and dont mind waiting for the boost.

forced induction is like sex, the longer you wait, the better it is, you can go down to the street corner and immediatly get that hooker (nitrous, or twins screw), or you can wait for the right one, and its going to rock your world.

^^^ any man should be able to understand that.

so moral of the story turbo = best pussy, lol.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
was never against turbo's, i was against the procharger kit for the 03/04 cobra because they perform like **** on these cars.

nothing wrong with a TT if you dont mind, and have the $$ to put up with the problems the turbo's are always going to have, and dont mind waiting for the boost.

forced induction is like sex, the longer you wait, the better it is, you can go down to the street corner and immediatly get that hooker (nitrous, or twins screw), or you can wait for the right one, and its going to rock your world.

^^^ any man should be able to understand that.

so moral of the story turbo = best pussy, lol.
hahaha, best analagy i've heard on this website yet.
Very nice lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
KC just a question. What are the pros/cons of two smaller turbos and the pros/cons of one larger turbo on a cobra? And one more question how much psi are you planning on running?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.