Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, iam new to this forum and i was wondering what are some pros and cons of using nitrous... ik obviously that u have to fill up the bottle and its not consent power but i was just wondering if my motor can handle it... i have a 99 gt with full boltons and i was leaning toward using 100 shot with zex nitrous kit... i would love to go with a centrifugal unit but i dont really feel like wasting the money when i can just get some spray... the only time i wanna use the spray is at the track or occasionally on the street when i wanna surprise somebody, my car is also a dd... any info is much appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
You need a tune for it -- as long as it's conservative it should be OK. Based on what you said I think Nitrous would fit you perfectly. How much power are you making at the moment? I wouldn't stick more than 400-425 rwhp on the stock shortblock at the most. I ran about that on my GT for a year before tearing it apart for a new short block (by choice -- it would have been fine much longer than that I'm sure).

I would let someone with more nitrous experience chime in though... I fully admit to not quite understanding how much pressure nitrous puts on your engine compared to a centrifugal blower with the same power. However, with my brand new 302 motor I'm planning on running a 150 wet shot for a while to test the motor before purchasing a FI system.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You really need more than the basic kit has to offer, such as a bottle warmer, pressure gauges you can see from the drivers seat, if you're going to buy a ZEX kit buy the Traction Control Switch.

Once you start using nitrous you will be using it more than you originally thought. I now have 2 - 10 lb bottles and wish I had the 15 lb bottles.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
you DON'T need a tune for it...not with a 100 shot on a stock engine...

sounds like nitrous is right up your alley for what you want

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
you DON'T need a tune for it...not with a 100 shot on a stock engine...

sounds like nitrous is right up your alley for what you want
I agree, no need for tune with 100 shot...... look back for one of my previous posts on my nitrous fire/explosion. I jetted first with 150 and pretty rich to be safe(so i thought). These intakes are a little screwy, DO NOT JET RICH TO BE SAFE. Add a new 255lph pump and spray the **** out of it at 100hp, it'll be fine.

FYI: i sprayed a murray 15hp lawnmower a 50 shot and it held together for two lawnmower races, that was one fast mofo lol.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
No need to upgrade the fuel pump for a 100 shot

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Once you start going with a 150 shot or higher you should have an independet fuel supply to be on the safe side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts