Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $600 coming (thanks uncle sam, skeet) what should I get?

heres my car so far.

88 gt conv. 3.73 gears, aod, shift kit, cai, bbk shorties, bbk x pipe. what do I get next.

for $600 Im thinking gt-40 heads, and a diff cam. what cam would you recomend for those heads? And will they work with my headers I have now?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
zex kit and a fuel pump

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not really into the nitrous idea. is it 98% safe? I watched that video of the nitrous backfire. makes me think twice

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
if you have the GT, didnt the GT come with a 5.0 HO, didnt the 5.0 HO come with gt 40 heads?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
I had a 88 GT stang and was told that it had GT40 Heads someone will correct me if Im wrong

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For 1987, the Mustang received E7 heads and a more capable intake manifold. Power ratings jumped to 225 hp and 300 ft·lbs of torque. In 1989, the Mustang's speed density air system was replaced with a mass air system (1988 Mustangs sold in California also had the MAF system). This change slightly reduced factory horsepower, but it made Mustangs much easier to modify. With the mass air system, changes made to the intake, engine, and exhaust system would be recognized and compensated for by the ECU, resulting in a correct air/fuel ratio and optimum power. Ford's only gesture at a 25th Anniversary Mustang was small, a passenger-side dashboard emblem with galloping-horse logo affixed to all models built between March 27, 1989, and the end of model-year 1990.[5]

thats what I have found

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Well I dunno man I had a 1988 Mustang GT 5.0 HO and when my mech worked on it he told me that it had GT40 heads....

He said they came with the 5.0 HO's

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
i wish i could spend mine on the car but, mine is already sunk into the wedding

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
look on the front of the heads and see if there are 3 verticle lines cast into the head , this means that they are gt40s if there aren't any lines you probably have stock heads

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can I run the zex kit with speed density? and where can I find the zex kit with the fuel pump for around $600?

·
Registered
370 Posts
what about suspension upgrades? looks like you've got quite a bit in the motor. You can do a lot with $600 into the suspension... subframes, control arms, strut tower brace etc would be especially nice for a vert. also an aluminum drive shaft might be nice. just a few other ideas...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
go to Ford racing...my teacher was on a professional drag team, nascar team and knows his stuff..he told me personally to go with ford racing..and they beet pretty miuch everyone in prices

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i agree..i would definitely put full length subframe connectors and do the upper and lower control arms in the rear..UPR makes a good and cheap set

·
Registered
569 Posts
tiller what happened to your mustang do u still have it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts