Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just curious if any of you guys have an aftermarket decklid panel from either AM or ..i found one that looks nice (and cheapp) on stangmods.com, if you've got one can you let me know how it is...
thanks guys

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
deliverin'

·
Registered
530 Posts
go yinyl, waaay cheaper and i think nicer (never really liked the honeycomb)

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
^1

THIS! :yes
Just don't tint the tail lights as dark as mine lol. I have to wet sand them down a bit. Not enough light comes through during the day. Haven't had any big issues yet but one guy wasn't paying attention (I saw him looking down at his cell phone) today and locked up his brakes to avoid hitting me :eek:

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Just don't tint the tail lights as dark as mine lol. I have to wet sand them down a bit. Not enough light comes through during the day. Haven't had any big issues yet but one guy wasn't paying attention (I saw him looking down at his cell phone) today and locked up his brakes to avoid hitting me :eek:

Mine is pretty dark. Can see them really fine though. :yes

I used VHT before and it was real dark. Wanted to re-do em so I took off the VHT completely with nail polish remover.

Re-did em with this other spray from Rustoleum. Three coats and still see em fine.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Do what I told ya on fb. Trust me it works. Youve seen how dark they were and tomorrow during the day I'll get a pic of them now after hitting them with some rubbing compound.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts

Mine is pretty dark. Can see them really fine though. :yes

I used VHT before and it was real dark. Wanted to re-do em so I took off the VHT completely with nail polish remover.

Re-did em with this other spray from Rustoleum. Three coats and still see em fine.
I had like 2 coats of VHT before and I decided I wanted them darker. I put on another 3-4 coats of VHT. I think I might need to replace the bulbs. My buddy said he couldn't see the reverse lights at all so I think the bulbs are burnt out and the innermost bulbs on both sides look dim.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Do what I told ya on fb. Trust me it works. Youve seen how dark they were and tomorrow during the day I'll get a pic of them now after hitting them with some rubbing compound.
Sweet, thanks Rich. I ****ing love how dark they are right now, I'm just afraid of getting hit by someone not paying attention and having it be my fault because of my lights lol.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Sweet, thanks Rich. I ****ing love how dark they are right now, I'm just afraid of getting hit by someone not paying attention and having it be my fault because of my lights lol.
Same here man. That's why I lightened them up. It might take a couple times using rubbing compound on them to get em light enough. Light doesn't show that well still during the day but it's better than it was before. I just start slowing down earlier than I normally would when having to come to a stop.

I've only had one close call with my lights. I was stopping to let a lady and her baby cross the street and some fat lady behind me didn't see me stopped in the road (I was already stopped) and she swerved around me to avoid hitting me but my top was down and I yelled at the lady crossing the street with her baby to stop so she didn't get hit.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Same here man. That's why I lightened them up. It might take a couple times using rubbing compound on them to get em light enough. Light doesn't show that well still during the day but it's better than it was before. I just start slowing down earlier than I normally would when having to come to a stop.

I've only had one close call with my lights. I was stopping to let a lady and her baby cross the street and some fat lady behind me didn't see me stopped in the road (I was already stopped) and she swerved around me to avoid hitting me but my top was down and I yelled at the lady crossing the street with her baby to stop so she didn't get hit.
Dark tail lights wouldn't be a problem if people paid attention. But people do so much **** in their cars these days that even factory tail lights aren't enough sometimes. I engine brake a lot and people are always getting on my ass like they can't tell that the vehicle is slowing down. I feel like I'm one of the rare people that actually pays attention to what's going on around me :eek:

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Dark tail lights wouldn't be a problem if people paid attention. But people do so much **** in their cars these days that even factory tail lights aren't enough sometimes. I engine brake a lot and people are always getting on my ass like they can't tell that the vehicle is slowing down. I feel like I'm one of the rare people that actually pays attention to what's going on around me :eek:
I hear ya I do the same thing. Probably why no one has come close to hitting me yet. The engine braking in an auto is actually quite annoying. When I do it to slow down it will just coast and when I just want to cruise it engine brakes. It doesn't make sense to me.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
i've seen the rattle canned decklid in person, it looks to flat for my taste, I like how mine has a thickness to it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i just did mine today, bought a roll of black vinyl from a sign shop and cut it myself, no where near perfect has some bubbles and crooked edges but if your not up close it looks good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts