Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got welded 40's flowmasters with an O/R h pipe. I like the sound but I'm going for a very deep old school muscle car sound with my exhaust. I wanna sound like I have a 302 stroked under the hood without actually doing it. (Don't Flame I know that I won't ever be able to get that exact sound without a 302) The sound I have right now is very tingy mid to high pitch, but loud as hell.)

All the exhausts I've heard (loudmouths, stingers, Flows, magnaflows) all have that similar High to mid pitch sound.

Any other exhausts I should look At?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Welcome to having a modular 4.6 That's just what they sound like. About the deepest thing you're going to get is an o/r H with a chambered muffler like the MAC flowpath

·
Registered
670 Posts
YouTube Mac catback and listen to the first one that pops up, should be a silver 99 with the Mac catback and offroad h. That is the combo I am going with and I think it sounds decent, and less raspy than others.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
which 40 series do you have?

i had the original 40 series catback with an offroad h and it was the lowest deepest exhaust i had ever heard period. the bass from it would shake the plates in the cabinets in my house when it was idling. it would set car alarms off. here's a clip:

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
**** sounds badass^^

setup i have is pretty damn deep and bass(y), MAC LTs, Prochamber and Pro dumps. thing sounds like a tank at low rpms. it isnt the loudest setup but the rumble is badass and when you get into it, its loud as hell ad sounds great. def unlike any catback youll hear. wish i had a vid but i dont :(

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
which 40 series do you have?

i had the original 40 series catback with an offroad h and it was the lowest deepest exhaust i had ever heard period. the bass from it would shake the plates in the cabinets in my house when it was idling. it would set car alarms off. here's a clip:
YouTube - 2002 Procharged Mustang GT Flowmaster Exhaust with Off Road H pipe
IMO the flows have one of the deepest rumbles at idle and some dont like the "drone" on the highway but its a deep steady tone. I had original 40s on mine since 2005 they were deep and low enough to have the people in the neighborhood i was parked in with my car idling bc it was cold and the club was boring so they called the polizie/police on me to tell me to turn the car off. Flows already have a pretty deep tone to them. The 10series flows I have on now are not as deep but they opened the sound quite a bit you can hear them in the link on my sig.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
hehe that's why i won flowmasters "show us your flows" contest and have a brand new exhaust sitting in my garage:D except i have no use for it because my dad bailed on me...:(
noo wayy! dude congrats :drink
whatd they send you??

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
hehe that's why i won flowmasters "show us your flows" contest and have a brand new exhaust sitting in my garage:D except i have no use for it because my dad bailed on me...:(
You could send it my way!! :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
noo wayy! dude congrats :drink
whatd they send you??
well my dad was talking about how he wanted to get a 2011 GT so i picked the 2011 GT 409s hushpower catback. turns out my dad was just talking and isn't really going to get one. so basically i have a 2011 GT catback just sitting in my garage. i'm trying to sell it so if you know anyone that's interested and wants a good deal let me know.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
well my dad was talking about how he wanted to get a 2011 GT so i picked the 2011 GT 409s hushpower catback. turns out my dad was just talking and isn't really going to get one. so basically i have a 2011 GT catback just sitting in my garage. i'm trying to sell it so if you know anyone that's interested and wants a good deal let me know.
wtf why doesnt he get one??? still though, if you can sell it thats free money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts