Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, there are way to many choices i was looking at an lm2 catback setup, but its a little high pitched still might go with it, but i was wondering what is the throatiest hollowing deep sounding setup!.. i remember a stang passing by and the bass from the exhaust was amazing it was almost like an empty hallway throaty sound i cant even describe it but ya know :funnah

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
Well regardless of the catback you wan LT headers and a H pipe. Catted or O/R is your choice depending on whether you need to pass emissions. For what you are looking for I say you three choices are SLP LM 2, Borla Stinger or Magnaflow Magnapacks. All are quite loud and all have a deep tone especially with a H pipe. I'd also look into some cam work too to get a even deeper sound. :wink

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
White99stang said:
wrong, the loudest shall be the dynomax race bullets. Ask anyone on this board that has heard my car.
The loudest I've ever heard in person were SLP LM 1s. A guy in a yellow terminator has a full SLP set up with no cats and that thing actually hurt my ears and I was two rows away from it.. It sounded like ass because it had no tone, but as far as volume I have never heard anything else come close. I have never heard race Bullets, but I assume they would have to sound like sh*t too to get that kind of volume. :dunno

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I like to be loud but with tone... My 95 5.0 has full Mac with LT's and O/R H-pipe and 3 inch pro dumps.... sounds mean as hell. For my 2000 I am doing o/r h-pipe with the FM catback i already have and the down the road when money lets me LT and the h-pipe.

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm thanx for the ideas guys, i think im going with the slp catted x pipe and catback lm2.. im going to leave the headers stock for now, with the catted x and lm2 cat i should stil be able to pass emissions right?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
White99stang said:
wrong, the loudest shall be the dynomax race bullets. Ask anyone on this board that has heard my car.
+1. his car is loud as ****! :rockon

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
If you want really deep and really loud. Try the mac flowpaths with an o/r mac prochamber with LT's... My friend, that is the best sounding exhaust setup i've personally ever heard in my life, on any car.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
fdjizm said:
hmm thanx for the ideas guys, i think im going with the slp catted x pipe and catback lm2.. im going to leave the headers stock for now, with the catted x and lm2 cat i should stil be able to pass emissions right?
dont get the slp x pipe if you want a deep tone. that will sound raspy. for a deep rumble you want an H pipe. i've heard good things about the MAC prochamber.

·
Registered
845 Posts
it can be loud, but it is how it go's now that what counts

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
Bob17830 said:
fdjizm said:
dont get the slp x pipe if you want a deep tone. that will sound raspy. for a deep rumble you want an H pipe. i've heard good things about the MAC prochamber.
X pipes are raspy with chambered exhaust not straight through exhaust.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
H-pipe will give you the deepest sound.... My buddy had the prochamber.... I liked the tone, smooth....

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so a MAC prochamber h-pipe will get along with a lm2 catback..?
what do i do about cat's from what i have seen the mac prochamber is catless which is fine, except for inspection time, is there a easy solution for swapping cats on and off, or even better a good catted h-pipe that wouldnt kill my flow?

·
Super Moderator
8,731 Posts
Bob17830 said:
fdjizm said:
Catted X-pipes will have a deeper tone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts