Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my sister bought a 06 mustang with a FRPP intake manifold and the car is not tuned for it so it throws a check engine light on. I told her if I help her get the car that she would have to give the intake manifold and I'll just put my stock intake manifold and stock plates on her car so I can clear the code. But I was wondering if there is a benefit to run a FRPP intake manifold vs stock manifold with delete plates on my car now. What do you guys think? Should I buy another stock intake manifold and keep my delete plates on and sell the FRPP intake manifold Or just run the Ford Racing intake manifold and sell the delete plates?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
That manifold is a pile of ****. Keep your delete plates and sell the manifold. I'll give you $10 for it, I need a better paperweight :shiftyeyes

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
with the mods to your car i'd absolutely use the frpp manifold. all you would need after that would be a set of heads. keep it, but i think you'll be robbing your own sister just to give her a stock intake and have the tune fixed

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet haha she just got the car yesterday. I will have to tell her to join and to post a few pics of the car. She traded her cobalt ss for a 06 mustang Gt with a pretty good list of mods done to it and with 13k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Tell her you will flip a coin for it.... heads I win, tails you loose...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I co signed for her car and helped her with a $300 loan for some of the down payment and she agreed to do it. Also would a throttle body help with the manifold or should I just keep the stock TB?

I also gave her an option to get a SCT tuner to take the light off but she said she doesn't want to pay $380+ for a tuner so she said just fix it and put the stock one on.

·
10,234 Posts
depending on what mods it has you could just put your stock intake/plates on it and have ford reflash the ecu to stock. again this depends on if there are any mods that wouldn't allow this. much cheaper than buying a tuner.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has rousch udp's, JLT CAI, FRPP intake manifold and bassani axle backs. I think the previous owner had the car and put it back to stock tune and just sold the tuner when he got rid of the car.

·
10,234 Posts
that's a bad idea. in that case if she or you can't afford a tuner your only option is to find a used sct for super cheap (unlocked) or find a no tune needed cai and sell the jlt.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you decide to sell the jlt lmk. And if shes ok with the swap then i'd do it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If I were you I would throw the intake on and get rid of the cmdp's. Since you have the cams it should help out a little more than just the plates. The manifold not only deletes the charge motion control valves but is also supposed to have higher flowing runners. I say you keep the intake, put the cmdp's on her car and tune it to get rid of the code. Any time you delete the butterfly valves you will absolutely need a tune.

If you're set on selling it tho I might be interested, I'm putting in comp 127500's within the next week or two I'm waiting for them to get off backorder from comp to brenspeed. Let me know what you want for it.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Either way about it she needs a programmer for the cold air intake since she's running lean right now especially with the intake manifold...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have a stock intake if you want itand my car is an 06 also

1 - 20 of 23 Posts