Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a few large dents in my 2.3 liter stang and if it was not for thoes stupid dents my stang would be perfect. so im asking what product or something can i use to get the dents out without taking it to a body shop?? body shops are so expencive$$.
oh and scratches too i have a couple good ones, what is a good product that actually works??
all answers are much needed THANKS!!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I have never done this, but I heard you could take a hair dryer and heat up the dent very warm... then take some Dry Ice and hold it right up next to the dent, and it COULD pop out... depending on what the material of the body is made out of.

You could try buying one of these dent poper kits if the dents are not that big. Where are the dents? size of them? pics?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
they have like a special dent remover, it uses a suction cup and vacuum and pulls them out

·
Registered
44 Posts
or.....go in from bhind the dent and get a B.F.H and a peace of wood and try pushin it out that way......bfh=Big f*cking hammer....if not theres always bondo?

scratchs u can eather wet sand w/1500 or 2000 gritt then buff it with a wheel and a swirl/scratch remover type wax if ne of that makes sense.....?

·
Registered
5 Posts
never use dry ice unless you plan on striping the paint off and repainting it. it will look good at first but the dry ice will kill the paint and it will flake off within a year i learned the hard way

·
Registered
157 Posts
Depending on where the dents are is how you can fix it with out taking it to a body shop. And the scratches is like what the other guy said just 1500 grit or 2000 grit and water sand then buff it out with compound i prefer the 3m compound and polish works good. But another suggestion is if you can't get the dents out take it to a dent doctor they can work them out pretty good and they don't charge ****. Good Luck with this man.

·
Registered
516 Posts
you also do not wanna heat metal up too much... too much can cause it to warp. just ask me im the body man :p

Suction cups do work... but not on tiny lil pecker dents. mainly on larger ones.
Also depending where the dent is can affect things.. if its on body lines they will be a lil harder to remove without damaging the paint.

But if you dont wanna spend big bucks on getting it done by a bodyshop and have them repaint the panel(s) then much like suggested above.. just get a paintless dent removal guy to come down to pop it out for you. Usually rather inexpensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts