Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about putting on the 93 cobra bumper on in the back and i was going to get it from design concepts. has anyone herd or got anything from there? are they good. the bumper is $300 every other place and hear it is olny 179.95 this just sounds to good to be true. so please tell me what you know

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
tap a curb with fiberglass, giant crack, tap a curb with urethane, bounces off

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
^ fiberglass does not crack

my hood ripped off the hinges of my car flying like a feather 30 feet up in the air and came crashing down

it survived and is now repaired it landed on its corner which got chipped and the under of it was ripped off from the hinge but that thing is still ticking

i thought for sure it would be shaddered once i pulled my car over and ran to go look

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
^my suby had a fiberglass lip on it, cracked to **** from the previous owner curbing it, saw him do it once and cracked the **** outa it

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Hit another car at 1-2 mph and you will not have a bumper left with fiberglass. With urethane it will pop right back to its original shape.

Also when you are putting the piece on, everything has to fit perfect with fiberglass b/c it isn't really flexible like urethane.

IMO, leave fiberglass where it belongs...in the 70s

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
urethane is preferred because of the reasons already mentioned: it's more resilient than fiberglass, doesn't crack like fiberglass, etc...
as for the vendor, were you talking about Classic Design Concepts
as far as i know, they're a good company

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeah, when you consider the cost of body work, it is always worth buying the better parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts