Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as the title describes today i had some time so I decided wash, dry then use a clay bars and then followed up with some wax... I didnt take all day on it only about 4 hours and all by hand, looking to be critiqued.. not criticized lol on how i did. To me the car looks %*@(!) amazing!! but I'm no professional just an average guy who loves a sexy ass looking car :cool:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Very nice job man and great looking S281:) what products did you use?

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!!

ummm... well... I used water... haha just kiddin.. I used Mothers Clay bar kit followed by Meguires NXT tech wax 2.0

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
thanks!!

ummm... well... I used water... haha just kiddin.. I used Mothers Clay bar kit followed by Meguires NXT tech wax 2.0
Mother Clay kit works great, I never tried using Meguiars NXT tech wax 2.0 but I hear its a sealant more than a wax, which is a good thing because it provides plenty of protection that lasts. If you ever have some questions on detailing stop in here man:D also check out the video library I made for members, I am sure you will like it, it shows you how to do many different detailing tasks properly. The link is in my signature in every post I do.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats badass, I will check them out I am very eager to learn how to do a "proper" detail... I love detailing cars so hopefully I can learn quick and put it to good use :D thanks!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Thats badass, I will check them out I am very eager to learn how to do a "proper" detail... I love detailing cars so hopefully I can learn quick and put it to good use :D thanks!
No problem its a collection of several different pro detailers accomplishing different things. I am going to add a few more videos soon so keep an eye out for them as well.;)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Looks awesome...

Like Danny said we have plenty of awesome stickies...

And desire to ever use a Porter Cable or the like?

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the desire... But im not going to lie I am scared out of my mind to try it on my car, I have seen details go horribly wrong!!!

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I have the desire... But im not going to lie I am scared out of my mind to try it on my car, I have seen details go horribly wrong!!!
With a Porter Cable 7424XP you will be fine...

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Like Chris said, the DA type polishers can't hurt the paint. We all started there. The ones that you're thinking of are rotary polishers and are best to leave to the pros.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I use a PC just fine and I am by all intensive terms a NEWBIE to the detailing craft...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
The DA polisher like the PC is perfectly safe to use on your paint.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like Chris said, the DA type polishers can't hurt the paint. We all started there. The ones that you're thinking of are rotary polishers and are best to leave to the pros.

Well thats good to know! Because there are several "blemishes" on my car that I know can be fixed by a good detail...just waterspots that will not come out, I thought the clay bar would work in some areas it did but in other areas not so much :(

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/210770-help-me-make-order.html

My personal preference...

Porter Cable 7427XP
Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer Porter Cable 7424XP & Pad Kit

That takes care of the buffer, pads, backing plate and some other goodies

Car Wash
Glossworkz-AUTO WASH -Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser ( 1 Gal)

Grit Guards
The Grit Guard, grit guard insert, bucket grate, car wash bucket grid,

Good Wash Mit
Sheepskin Wash Mitt

For Rims/Tires
SONAX Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, full effect wheel cleaner

Clay Bar
Automotive Clay Bar Overspray Eraser Bar

Optimum HyperCompound (Doubt You need this on a new car)
Optimum Hyper Compound Spray

Optimum HyperPolish
Optimum Hyper Polish Spray, Optimum spray polish, hyper spray polish, Optimum car polishes

CG Blacklight and CG V7
Detailers Radiant Finish Kit - In order to deliver the most vibrant and radiant of finishes you will need the right tools.

Top it with Autoglym HD...If your lucky walmart has it on sale for $20...Its regularly $50...See if you can find it...If not I will track some down for you...

Then for upkeep use
CG Prodetailer
Automotive Detail Quick Detail Spray and Clay Lube

For Interior
303 Aerospace Protectant
303 Aerospace Protectant 32 oz

Leather
Zaino Z-9
Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner: Zaino Store

Zaino Z-10
Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: Zaino Store

I have these for my car but with pleather it won't do much good...

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 32 oz | Detailed Image

Also invest in some GOOD microfiber towels...These are the ones I have...
microfiber, microfiber towels, car care products, auto detailing, house cleaning, micro-restore, micro restore, df towels, microfiber

OR

I have just bought the Meguiars DA Correction System and have not yet had a chance to use it...It is however getting rave reviews and is priced right as well...

With that system you would want to do this:

Porter Cable 7427XP
Porter cable 7424xp, 7424xp, Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher, Porter Cable polisher, car polisher, buffer, sander-polisher

That takes care of the buffer, pads, backing plate and some other goodies

Car Wash
Glossworkz-AUTO WASH -Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser ( 1 Gal)

Grit Guards
The Grit Guard, grit guard insert, bucket grate, car wash bucket grid,

Good Wash Mit
Sheepskin Wash Mitt

For Rims/Tires
SONAX Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, full effect wheel cleaner

Clay Bar
Automotive Clay Bar Overspray Eraser Bar

Meguiars DA Correction System
Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System 5 Inch Starter Kit, paint correction kit, dual action polishing kit

CG Blacklight and CG V7
Detailers Radiant Finish Kit - In order to deliver the most vibrant and radiant of finishes you will need the right tools.

Top it with Autoglym HD...If your lucky walmart has it on sale for $20...Its regularly $50...See if you can find it...If not I will track some down for you...

Then for upkeep use
CG Prodetailer
Automotive Detail Quick Detail Spray and Clay Lube

For Interior
303 Aerospace Protectant
303 Aerospace Protectant 32 oz

Leather
Zaino Z-9
Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner: Zaino Store

Zaino Z-10
Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: Zaino Store

I have these for my car but with pleather it won't do much good...

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 32 oz | Detailed Image

Also invest in some GOOD microfiber towels...These are the ones I have...
microfiber, microfiber towels, car care products, auto detailing, house cleaning, micro-restore, micro restore, df towels, microfiber

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The PC will change your life....

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow.... thats quite a bit of stuff, guess i need to start saving my pennies :D

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
wow.... thats quite a bit of stuff, guess i need to start saving my pennies :D
Save away I guarantee you, you will love your Saleen even more after you paint correct it. Think of it like your investing on a performance mod... but for the looks of your ride;)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Save away I guarantee you, you will love your Saleen even more after you paint correct it. Think of it like your investing on a performance mod... but for the looks of your ride;)
I am going to take your word for it! Haha I will start making purchases as soon as I can :D

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I am going to take your word for it! Haha I will start making purchases as soon as I can :D
Sounds good man me nd Chris are coming up with a updated list for those who want to get into detailing check out the link he posted I am still working on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts