Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*VIEW THE PICTURES FROM THE FIRST TWO POSTS BOTTOM UP.*
Sup Peep'z?
Finally getting around to these after recouping from the two day straight, three car sesh i did. ;)

Oh...what do we have here? A M3? :yes
I know im going to get flamed for this, but IDC, i fell in love with the car once i sat in it, and drove it, luckily i can take it out for a spin whenever i want. :rockon. Would i ever own one? :no Not unless i made the money to pay for upkeep/if anything went wrong.

Anyway, back on track, i did a simple 2 step on the car, fully inside and outside.
The only thing i DID NOT do, was the engine bay, since i still dont really know what to do with them...help would be appreciated, along with reps. ;)

Products Used:
Megs M105
Megs UP.
Mothers Sealant and Glaze.
Mothers Back 2 Black Tire Shine.
Zeps Citrus.
Dawn.
Mothers Cali Gold W/W.
Mothers VLR.
Mother's Protectant.
Tuff Stuff Carpet Cleaner.
Uber Pads.
Mothers Plush Double Sided MF's
Stoners Invisible Glass.
AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber.
AutoGlym HD.
Mothers Clay.

I think thats it...hahahaha.

Process:
1. Washed with dawn to strip whatever was on there..off ;)

2. Dryed by a leafblower.

3. Pulled inside to check out under the lights....:eek: (you'll see why that face)

4. Clayed down the entire car.

5. Then i got to work with the m105, and by god, the professional line works so much better than the consumer line. :rockon i was genuinely surprised at how well and how quick it got rid of all the swirls (and how bad they were).
The only thing i could not fix were the RIDS (and by golly there were a ton, its sad how not taken care of the car really was)

6. After all of that, i went over the whole car with Ultimate Polish, and it completely got rid of what little haze there was! (sadly no afters of that :sorry)

7. then she was sealed with Mothers Sealant and Glaze! did a very nice job deepening the black.

8. Then waxed by hand with AG HD. first time using it, and i loved it! the ticket is DEF. to apply it as if its almost not there, and the only complaint, is the way the applicators dried out halfway through the waxing! :mad:

9. After all of that, i broght her back outside to inspect in the sun, which finally appeared, and i would say i got atleast 90% of defects out. minus the 10% which was RIDS. (can was left ouside 24/7 and the guy before only took it through touch car washes...:mad:)

10. Prepped, and ready for show off! Mothers b2b tire shine, AG T&R, Stoner's Invisible Glass!

Here are the before's...:puke

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

*VIEW THESE PICTURES IN REVERSE ORDER.*

50/50 of hood after one pass:

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sadly...Thats all i got for the durings :sorry please no mad. ill promise to do better with the pictures on the next one, i was just kind of in a time crunch.

But,
Final Product:

Overall, im more than happy with the way she turned out, and so was the owner.
Again, read thorugh everything and answer some of my questions if you could. :D ;)
(also, in the background is his friends s2k, and after he saw how good it came out, automatically wanted his car done. :D)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It looks like you did make a pretty good dent it but I wouldn't say that's 90% from what I'm seeing. What polisher are you using again? It definitely needed another pass or a more aggressive pad.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Griots Garage With Yellow Uber.
and as i said, that was only after the first pass!

after i took those, i set down the camera and forgot all about taking more, until after i got to the LSP stage.

i did an additional pass on everything, i just forgot to take pictures of it. :sorry

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, if you look at the exhaust tips, theres that hazey, white stuff or whatever cover the outside.
i couldn't get rid of it, EVEN after #0000 steel wool, and mothers metal polish..any tips? (no pun intended :lmao)

EDIT EDIT: NASTY, (or someone) can you change the title too " Detailed: 2003 BMW M3 (HQ Photo Heavy!)" THANKS11!!!11

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Gotcha. I missed that! Really would of liked to see your finished correction.

Unfortunately I'm not a moderator of this section. Although I would like to be.. Ask Zakttrashaha.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish i would have taken pictures!
but i just kind of got into the zone, you know?
and i was on a time crunch.

anyway.
my questions:

best/safest way to detail engine bay's (product, method, etc.)
and my exhaust tip question.

Anyone care to answer them?
:D

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
As far as detailing engine bays.. I'll prepare the motor, cool of course. Remove air filter if needed, cover the alternator with tin foil, any other things you think need it, etc. Than I'll give it a light mist to get it wet, spray it with APC, than agitate it with a brush. I just got the Uber Boars Hair Brush and I could see it working very good. I wouldn't use it if it was really dirty though, it's far too nice. Than rinse it down using as little water as possible. I'll than blow dry it with a leaf blower. I mean take your time and really dry everything. I like to let the motor sit for a while before starting it. This has worked wonders for me. I know some guys like to use a warm or hot motor and than start it right after but I've seen this method damage things like COPs, etc. Than add your dressing of choice.. Personally, I use Hyperdressing 4:1 on my car only because dust isn't much of an issue and I go over it every few washes.

I don't like using steel wool on tips. I don't see the need. I'll scrub them as good as possible with an APC during the wash. Than I'll use a good metal polish on them. I really like the Optimum Metal Polish. I just got it maybe a month ago and it has become one of my favorite products already!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Nice work man yet I have to say the exhaust tips needs more work. I dont think your working the #0000 long enough man it does take some tome to polish them up dont expect to see results instantly take you time and use moderate pressure. As for the engine bay detailing Michael gave a very good way to do it. The thing I do differently is I add 303 to the engine bay after the cleaning then close the hood and start the engine let the ride idle for about 20 minutes this helps get the 303 to soak into the plastics and rubber. also dries it up nicely without having to go back over it with a microfiber. Check out the detailing video library I made engine bay cleaning is in there remember that the videos are though out page 1 not just on the first post;)

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill rememeber this when i go up for the party at his house, and i now maintain his cars. (their corrections/details will be made tomorrow to tired right meow)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Oh and as for applying AG HD do it like this.

I fill an extra bucket with 1 gallon or less of hot water to keep my applicator pad moist to apply AG HD thinly. I came up with this idea last minute and it worked out amazingly. AG HD went on like butter. I used very little to coat my entire GT. I have 95+% of that container left.
Removed AG HD after 30 minutes of cure time to do his I used a CG Monster microfiber and a DI plush double sided microfiber and the AG microfiber just to try it out for kicks. Doing it my way will ensure you dont go wasting it by applying it thick or have problems applying or removing it ;)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'm a mod over here now so I changed the title for you.

As for the engine bay detailing Michael gave a very good way to do it. The thing I do differently is I add 303 to the engine bay after the cleaning then close the hood and start the engine let the ride idle for about 20 minutes this helps get the 303 to soak into the plastics and rubber.
Yeah, I don't know how I missed the final step. I added it to my post now though...

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks nazzzzzty! :D
thanks for all da tips guys!
ill definitely have to remember that tidbit about the water, i have a feeling that would be extremely helpful, since the applicator pads pretty much turn to stone if they dont get enough water....:mad:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
thanks nazzzzzty! :D
thanks for all da tips guys!
ill definitely have to remember that tidbit about the water, i have a feeling that would be extremely helpful, since the applicator pads pretty much turn to stone if they dont get enough water....:mad:
No problem on the AG HD application tip man:)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
does everyone else use dawn to strip the car before???

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think most peope do, or they use the car wash at a really high concentration.
like CG's Citrus Wash, when used as normal, it cleans, but when used at a high concentration, i strip's! :)shiftyeyes)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Honestly Dawn isn't that great of a pre-wash to use to strip wax. It can dry out rubber moldings, etc. Now who knows how many times it will take. There are other ways to go about it that will strip it without that effect.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
edumacate me nas!!! :rockon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts