Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so you guys probably don't know but I opened a Detailing shop I did a Honda Pilot today and a Mustang. I have a white Suburban to do tomorrow and I was wondering can you actually make white look any better than It usually Is I mean white really doesn't show any flaws what should I do as far as detailing the exterior?

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
You opened a detail shop?

White can look great with the right products...What products do you use?

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
White doesn't show flaws? White definitely shows flaws.

I'm with Chris, you need to just read, read, and read the detailing stickies.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
White shows MASSIVE flaws and dirt. White is one of those colors that a paint cleaner does WONDERS for.

What are you trying to accomplish tomorrow with the Suburban? Wash, wash and wax, paint correction, one step, etc.....

If you have this lined up for tomorrow and are doing a wash and wax I would highly suggest getting to Autozone and getting a good cleaner wax like Mothers. White does not always look truly clean after a wash and cleaner wax will help pull any "staining" from the paint.

Claying is also usually essential on a white car IMO.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
It would be a good idea to know the answers to those questions before you open a detailing shop man. Please read the stickies and watch the video library I made for those who want to learn how to detail correctly, in your case I would highly recommend you watch and read them all, as well as join a detailing specific forum.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
It would be a good idea to know the answers to those questions before you open a detailing shop man. Please read the stickies and watch the video library I made for those who want to learn how to detail correctly, in your case I would highly recommend you watch and read them all, as well as join a detailing specific forum.
Agreed...

A detail shop should be using some high end products IMHO and not doing it by hand to boot...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts